1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Germany's young players

Discussion in 'Bundesliga' started by Hizmo, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hizmo

Hizmo Active Member

I just wanted to get your thoughts on Germany's young talent. They've been handed more opportunities as opposed to the youths in England.

The players Germany have produced have performed at top levels, Thomas Muller, Holger Badstuber and Marko Marin to name a few. However, the ones produced in England haven't been given enough chances to show their qualities and abilities.

I'd would initially think if these players were to play in the PL they would be exciting to watch.

2. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Badstuber is getting a lot of criticism at the moment Hizmo, Bayerns defence is very weak right now, you will see this if they progress in the Champions League. Mueller is playing well and scoring after a slow start to the season. Schalke 04 have an interesting young player Draxler who is coming through, he's played a handful of games but scored a blinder in a German cup game a few weeks ago. AC Milan have a very promising young player Alexander Merkel on their books too. I would say in terms of young players the Germans are streets ahead of the English in terms of players coming through, not to mention established players like Manuel Neuer, Ozil and Sami Khedira who are young themselves.

3. Hizmo

Hizmo Active Member

I won't even bother comparing the likes of Ozil, Khedira and Muller to our English players.

4. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

The Premiership is the best league in the world, but English talent doesn't get much of a look in, that's why we are miles behind other nations.

5. ex-german exile

English talent was miles behind the other nations before the Premiership existed.

6. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

<ok>

7. Tresco is a Legend

Tresco is a Legend New Member

Mario Gotze looks a cracking player too, and Germany still have Miroslav Klose, probably one of the most underestimated players ever! I love watching him play,
    his goals record speaks for itself, brilliant player.

8. TJR_NUFC

TJR_NUFC Well-Known Member

He is fantastic he has been dubbed as the German Messi and you can see why, he Shines in nearly all of Dortmund's games! What a talent!

As for the OP I think that Germany have some cracking young players through and IMO they will come close to winning the world cup in Brazil! France are another team that have brilliant young players same with Spain and I do think that game time in there leagues contributes to this. However I believe the main reason for it is the different style and philosophy, taught to potential players at a very young age, is the key factor. It's so much better to watch than English football aswell!

9. Kickass

Kickass Member

Germany have some great young players coming through like Goetze and Marin, they are unlucky Sahin chose Turkey too as with him available they would have a tremendous midfield core, with Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Khedira and the rest

10. Ramirez

Ramirez New Member

Lewandowski is the best... Gotze is great too