1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General chat or SAFC related

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Aussie blackcat85, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

I personally come on this forum to be informed about SAFC., also to get to know a few of the fellas and the club. I love SAFC but ATM when I log in the first page is OT just about <laugh> It's like a weekly bingo club with a few wum ****ers thrown in. Anyway before anyone gets personal, I'd just like t see more SAFC discussion that's all.

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Oh s**t, another O/T thread, can't we have more football threads please .......

In fact I agree with you but football chat is limited to a dozen people who truthfully contribute.

The last two o/t threads I started attracted over 100 responses ..... both were a bit daft tbh, says everything <doh>

3. Aussie blackcat85

YES PLEASE :emoticon-0111<ok>

4. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Board's gone a bit weird recently. Not sure what's happened but it seems we have **** all to say about the footie.

5. Aussie blackcat85

Nothing against your contribution mate, I thinks it's a combination of my lack of knowledge and a wum (Douglas) posting **** to a brick wall and everyone creating banter that has led me to question it. For me it doesn't matter if your new, enquiring or just having a laugh! If it's SAFC I'm in!

6. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

To be fair fella, off the back of an 8-0 drubbing you're lucky if you see one thread about football all week.

I think it's fairly obvious why people choose to post OT threads on here and not on the GC board.

7. Smug in Boots

Don't take this the wrong way but, as a wild guess, I'd say your recent contributions have been one third moaning about the board/posts/posters, one third football related and one third other stuff ......... dunno if you've posted any football threads tbh.

8. Smug in Boots

I've only had one glance at the GC board and it'll be the last ...... it's like looking over the walls of a kindergarten for special needs toddlers.

And I don't mean in a Jimmy Saville kind of way <whistle>

9. Aussie blackcat85

Fair do's terry but you didn't lose 8-0 so you don't know **** with all do respect mate. That's just it but, I wanna see threads on our humiliation, our resilience mate. That's the type of fan I am. Loyal as ****, it'd be like me saying to you keep quiet over your 2-2 with the baggies <ok>

10. Smug in Boots

To be fair, Terry contributes more decent stuff, on here, than more than half of the Sunderland posters.

11. Tel (they/them)

What you talking about you nugget? I was pointing out that most clubs after getting a hammering 8-0 would be lucky to see 1 footy thread the following week, but it's testament to your lot on here that you've still had loads in amongst the OT stuff.

I'm not suggesting anybody keeps shtum about the football, but without wanting to reel off a line I've read all too often lately... If you want to talk about football then contribute something yourself and stop relying on others to post the threads and whip up conversation. You've spat your dummy out cos nobody wanted to chat about Cattermole with you, get over it, it happens to everybody at some point.

12. Aussie blackcat85

****ing oath he does smug, I post **** all but even I know that. I ain't having a go at Tez, personally I like the bloke and would happily have a beer with him. Top bloke he is and very knowledgeable! I personally kept a few tree pythons and red back spiders for the lad when he visits OZ :emoticon-0150-hands

13. Smug in Boots

TBH, there are hundreds of 'views' from people who treat the place like a library but never offer a viewpoint.

Blame them, not the people who post <ok>

14. Tel (they/them)

I'm not coming, you should know that by now if you know me at all!

I'd be like a ****ing Ninja on Red Bull if I came round to your gaff mate

15. Disco down under

I've been here years and maybe posted a dozen threads in that time, I just don't post them and I'm comfortable not doing so.. The last I posted was a few days ago titled the state of the youth system.

I can only reply to what is on the board Smug. I wouldn't do the ratio thing because if we looked at your last 20 or so posts I think your ratio would be somewhat similar to mine.

16. Smug in Boots

I don't have a problem with it and don't need to defend what I post whether it's O/T or not, I happily post O/T threads.

But I'm not the one moaning am I?

My posts about the 'Gay chat line' and the 'weapons in your house' provided me with hours of fun, some others thought they were funny as well which is great. The point is that, if you don't like what's on the board just do summat about it.

17. Aussie blackcat85

Haha my bad... Yep I get that. I'm not having a go at you TT. I love the hardest midfielder in the PL well that's cool with me mate, was quite sad that no one could upload the video from safee as I asked but will happily chat about bicycles and London ffs

18. Disco down under

I didn't complain mate... I said we just don't seem to have much to talk about where football is concerned and that it's a bit weird.

That's not a complaint in the slightest, merely pointing out that the lack of footie talk on a footie forum is a bit weird. Most likely down to international breaks and our spanking last time out I guess.

As for your threads, I'm not complaining about them either mate. Not sure where you got that from either. In no way was what I said a critique of you or your posts.

19. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
    I've just had a look through the Newsnow site & there are 100's of items on there all reporting on the same repetitive subjects.
    Either that or things we've already dsicussed.

I like the o/t threads & I apologise for not marking the two I posted today as o/t.
    If folk don't think there are enough SAFC threads then post some.
    I's not really that hard to grasp. <ok>

20. Smug in Boots

Weren't you complaining today that the place was like the Guardian or summat and that my last thread was boring?

Not having ago, just making the point that it's much easier to criticise what other people post than start a thread and take flak.

I'm not addressing this to you btw, just making a general point <ok>