1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gay footballers

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Blaknamberblood, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

I`ve been seeing the recent rumours regarding the tragic death of Gary Speed, these seem to suggest that an unnamed paper had contacted Speed during the course of Saturday stating that they had undeniable proof that he was gay and that they were intending to publish an article `outing` Speed. Two and two are being put together and it is being suggested that this is the reason he took his own life. Firstly I`ll start by saying that if this is the case, this paper and its reporters/ investigators need to hunted down and shot like rabid dogs. In this day and age, it matters not about a man or woman`s sexuality, but their ability to play the game. I remember when Justin Fashanu came out of the closet so to speak, and he was shunned throughout football, I`d like to think times have changed, but it seems if this rumour is true they haven`t changed that much, would be interested in peoples views, regarding this.

2. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Fully agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ <applause> <applause> <applause>

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think the issue would be more that if true, the media parasites have taken a man's life regardless of if it's about his sexuality or whatever.

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Why would he have to top himself because he's gay? But the press need sorting out, they think they have a god given right to do whatever they want, if I was a celeb I'd have some Rottweilers to tear them to shreds and give them a proper ****ing good kicking just for good measure.

5. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

If true, why should people be executed for telling the truth?

Sure, it's wrong and insensitive and trashy and unscrupulous and deplorable, but that doesn't merit someone being murdered or met with other violence for nonviolently communicating a message.

Very thoughtless and populist thread.

6. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

WTF are you going on about, chum?

Very thoughtless and populist thread?????????

7. Blaknamberblood

If and I repeat `IF` this is true, then I seriously doubt whether the `article` will ever see the light of day, the media cowards will have shredded every noggin of evidence relating to it. As for why a man so popular in football should kill himself over it, god only knows, doubt whether we`ll hear the full truth, or find out why.

8. Jerel Ifil

This is what I'm talking about, chum:

That implies violence, execution and trashy, populist ideas to me.

9. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I don't agree with Leeds 18 at all, his private life was exactly that, if it is true that some paper was going to do this to him then I hope nobody ever buys their scummy rag ever again

10. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Also you would think a Leeds fan would not be standing up for anybody who caused one of their legendary players to take his own life

11. Jerel Ifil

Read my post again. I said that the paper would be deplorable for doing that, and I agree with the sentiment that no-one should ever buy it again in the hypothetical instance being discussed. I then said that despite that fact, the journalist(s) in question should not be met with violence for mere communication. Why is that disagreeable?

12. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

I think you have taken their words literally mate to be honest

13. Blaknamberblood

I seriously doubt you`ve read my comments thoroughly, and taken on board my point, I suggest you inwardly digest what was written, then comment !

14. Jerel Ifil

It wouldn't surprise me if people genuinely did think journalists should be killed for whatever reason. Even if they weren't being literal, I think I still have an important point about some of the rabble-rousing **** people come out with which is in favour of violence. Hard to tell the pragmatics of someone's language when you're reading it rather than hearing it.

15. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

There seems to be a suggestion online that the Daily Star was the paper about to out him, if so I hope nobody buys it again and that they go out of business, the same applies to Channel 5

16. Elmos_right_peg

Im all in favour of them been hunted down but im in agreement with leeds on this one violence is not the answet IF it is true its due to the journos then they should be sent down and let the guilt rot at them knowing that it is because of them that from things ive read a really nice guy hung himself vecause they wanted to make a money from his private life! hopefully this comment makes sense of not i apologise im on my fone and its pissing down!

17. Jerel Ifil

Can't believe you've said that after I called this alleged 'scoop' "wrong and insensitive and trashy and unscrupulous and deplorable".

So you weren't speaking literally or you were?

18. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Leeds-18: Whatever the point was that you were trying to make......you blew it! <doh>

No-one understood your angle, and you misunderstood all the responses.......:emoticon-0112-wonde

19. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Ffs journos are doing their job, yes I think it's wrong and I dont think they should be able to, but as it stands journos are entitled to pretty much do whatever the **** they like, if it's true they wouldn't have broken any rule or law.

20. Jerel Ifil

Hardly, since someone's since agreed with me and the point was explained clearly if you know how to read English.

Explain which ones and how they were misunderstood?