1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gary Neville gave his opinion on the title race.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by KingPepeReina., Aug 11, 2011.

1. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

Did any of you read the Gary Neville article in todays Daily Mirror.
    I found it surprisingly honest and unbiased. He actually praised us. Unlike what Roy Keane said which was nothing short of arse kissing. Gary Nevilles opinion was incredibly fair.
    He said Kenny has made signings since January that will have made Liverpool more solid, and especially at Anfield will be extremely difficult to beat. He's also said Kenny Dalglish has given Liverpool back their identity. He said Liverpool have a manager that can handle the pressures of titles and his strength is his experience. He also said that whether they will win it is another thing, but Liverpool will challenge.
    He also stuck up for Arsene Wenger. I agree with that too to a large extent, Arsenal are without a shadow of a doubt the neutrals favourite side.
    It will be a shame if they don't win anything, they have so much flair. On the negative side, its a shame Wenger still can't see they lack back-bone or in other words...balls. Unless they grow a pair they will continue to be trophyless.
    I know he's a rat faced scroat, but if he carrys this on, he will do okay as a pundit on Sky Sports.

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Balls! to Neville no matter what he says.

3. Bolton4Europe

Bolton4Europe Active Member

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH KPR?!?

Still though, lol.

4. KingPepeReina.

I gave my honest opinion and I thought it was incredibly fair and unbiased.

5. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Utmost respect for Wenger. He may not be winning trophies but he's over-achieving on a budget. His squad isn't much more expensive than Villa's.

I can't see why he wouldn't be spending unless it was a board decision to pay off the stadium asap. He can clearly spot players.

6. Bolton4Europe

I personally think he is just stubborn, I mean surely they must let him spend this summer after no trophies in 5 years.

7. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

No doubt there's some of that because every manager is stubborn but I don't see how any top manager would allow his own talent to be stifled that way. No other manager would be allowed to not spend any money he was being given by a board if it was leading to the kind of seasons Arsenal have had.

8. Bolton4Europe

Fair point have some re..

O wait.

9. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Got a link?

10. KingPepeReina.

The best bet is to go into http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk.

He may be a renowned scourge of the Scousers, but Gary Neville believes old foes Liverpool are now in the same boat he was before helping Manchester United end their 26-year wait for the title in the early 1990s.

"Going back to 1992-93, you just become very desperate and very wanting," he said. "You become needy. You feel like its a goal, its a challenge.

“Don’t get me wrong, there is a pressure for Liverpool, United, Arsenal - all the big clubs - that pressure is there, year in year out.

“There is an expectations for these clubs to win titles and trophies year in year out. But it becomes a challenge rather than something to be excited about."

Liverpool have not lifted the English championship since the spring of 1990, and Neville can sense their yearning to be on top again.

“Going back all those years, it was the greatest moment for United to win that first title after so long," he said. “I think Liverpool are getting to that point where they need that success now. The club demands it.

“You can see exactly what Kenny Dalglish is trying to do there. He has brought an identity back to the club.

“He has brought back a core of solidity back to the club, which he felt he probably needed.

“With that, at Anfield, they will be extremely difficult to beat. Whether they can go on and win the title this season, I’m not sure.

"But one thing is for certain, they certainly have the experience in the manager. He has done it before at Liverpool and at Blackburn.

"He can cope with the demands of the championship, and for the first time in quite a few seasons they have gone into the campaign with a level of expectation that they do have a chance.”

11. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

It seems that all Manure players, staff and ex-players (except Keane) have been given the line to build us up this year. Are they trying to play mind games? or are they hoping we'll fail?

12. KingPepeReina.

If they are playing ''mind games'' they are wasting their time. Kenny treats mind-games with the response they deserve.....he ignores them. If they get nasty or personal, he will respond. Its best not make him respond as the offender will be dealt with severely and it won't be nice for the victim. Kenny wll deliver a put-down that carries more punch than a Mike Tyson upper-cut.