1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Gareth Bale

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, May 17, 2017.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

2. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

3. glazerfodder

Highlight article text, right click then select Google/Bing translate depending on what machine you have.

4. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

If you knew me, you wouldn't even have typed that. I'm as **** at IT as I am at Spanish, but thanks anyway <laugh>

glazerfodder likes this.
  5. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In the midst of speculation, James Rodriguez's absence from the last practice prior to the key duel against Celta de Vigo this Wednesday and the famous applause at the Santiago Bernabéu fixture that would be his farewell, Tuesday British media speculated with details of a Business that would be convenient for the parties and would already have the endorsement of the players.

In the case of the Colombian, the Daily Star newspaper says there are three clubs that have approached their proposals to Florentino Perez, although United is "the favorite" of 10. "He has decided to leave Real, a club that has three clubs One of them is United, I continue to say that he is a leader among the contenders to stay with him, "said Sky reporter Guillem Balague.

Regarding Bale, the team 'merengue' would have put him on the list of transferables even though he was immovable as part of the 'BBC'. However, as the Sun newspaper says, "although the Welshman has insisted that he is happy in Madrid, the season has been marked by a scourge of injuries that today he is struggling to look back to be on June 3 in his Birthplace, Cardiff ".

The signing of Bale, four seasons ago, shook the market at around 100 million euros and be the highest in history until August 2013. The James, the sensation of the last World Cup in Brazil in 2014, was in order Of the 80 million. Thus, an offer for 150 million does not seem discardable, considering that Madrid seeks funds to sign up for expensive players like goalkeeper De Gea (United) and young attacker M'bappé, for whom Monaco has already discarded An offer of 80 million euros.

The business seems convenient and, according to the press releases, and the players would have given their endorsement. Then one more chapter of the intense and very extensive novel about the future of James Rodriguez is written.

6. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I don't know about this to be honest, why are we taking the players Real Madrid don't want so they can fund bids for the next generation of stars.

We should be going to Monaco and sticking a mega money deal on the table for MBappe. Not giving Real Madrid the money to do just that.

They say MBappe is the next Thierry Henry, which I think does the young lad a disservice. As MBappe actually does the business for his team at the highest level in the Champions League.

Bale is an injury prone player approaching his late 20s who relys on his pace, do we really want to spend mega money on him? Real aren't stupid they are trying to get a big wedge of cash for him whilst they still can.

We already took Di Maria off them and look how that turned out? Real Madrid dont sell their best players, so we shouldn't look to buy any of the players they try offload this summer.

The Prime Minister, cytrax and Diego like this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Definitely a big NO from me. We can do better than Bale if we look hard enough.

8. King Shergar

Well I always think if your going to spend huge money on a player then you buy the best young players.

For every Robben and Ronaldo, players who have played great as they've started hitting 30, there is always a Ronaldinho, Kaka, Torres or Rooney, players who have completely lost it after 26-27.

I just think it's a lot safer when your spending that sort of money to avoid players of Bales age, especially a player who is so reliant on pace. As if that goes a lot of his threat goes with it.

Sir Tennisball and Diego like this.
  9. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

You must be on crack?

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  10. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

True and he's an English, Harry Kane!! If I was a United supporter, I would want to get this guy come hell and high water. He is the business. £120 million might do it!!

11. King Shergar

The way he is going he looks like he could have a chance of challenging Alan Shearers goal scoring record by the end of his career.

It looked an impossible total, that no one would get anywhere near, but Kane is still only 23, so if he stays clear of injurys and keeps himself fit he can definitely get close to it.

I would like him at Man Utd, but I don't think he would be an easy signing to get. First of all Tottenham will not want to sell, 2nd of all i think Kane is happy at Tottenham, and isn't the type to push through a move(not like Berbatov) And finally I think if it came to selling him Levy would much rather sell abroad than to a PL rival. The way Kane is playing the likes of Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern Munich would be keen to sign him. Remember the whole Modric saga? Levy sold for 10 million less just so he didn't go to Chelsea.

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Those points would definitely one of the key reasons why I would not want him at this point - Age, Injuries and reliance on Speed which generally diminishes as players get older.. But with that said, given what we have in the current team, I can't truthfully say that I wouldn't be happy if he wanted to come to us. Unlike Di Maria that never wanted to come in the first place. If Bale can get over his flakey injuries, then he would be of tremendous value to what we currently have and bring with him experience and winning mentality.

13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Would bale and James Rodriguez be the exceptions to the rule that excellent players coming to United turn into average ones? Not sure. Or will they join the list of top players like Di Maria, Falcao, Schneiderlin, schweinsteiger, Depay (promise unfulfilled). Could even argue that Shaw, Martial and Pogba have yet to show the potential they showed at their previous clubs. It takes some excellent managerial skills for players to integrate and fulfill their expectations under the pressure of OT. i have to admit that although the football played by JM is not to everyone's taste, he has at least got his own recruits to perform. Bailly, Zlatan Pogba and Mikhi (partially) have been good additions to the squad.

14. glazerfodder

Just a season or so ago RM were promising Bale that they would build their team around him. Now he is crocked, probably in the long term, and those talents that made him such a star are on the wane. Recurring hamstring injuries don't suddenly go away and if he joined us, a few cold weeks in winter will see him injured and on the bench for most of the season = money wasted. We don't want players on the way down, we want the young, upcoming talent. Trouble is we don't have the success to lure them in at the moment, but we do have the money. If we could get a few young talented players together (Kane and MBappe for example) and start winning in Europe the circle would run itself - we would be back as one of the 'destination' clubs in Europe and success would breed success. We won't get there with either of RM's rejects.

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  15. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

Similar situation at Swansea. We will not sign Messi at this stage of his career.

Diego and glazerfodder like this.
  16. King Shergar

I don't think our recent lack of success really matters. First of all money is more important than anything, as most players are mercenrys.

I think we are also still a huge name in football, and players know with the finances we have that we are still sleeping giants. So I don't think players will look at us and think they won't win anything for years if they join.

17. glazerfodder

Agree. And I don't think it would take much for thinks to suddenly 'click' - it's not like we're a mile off the pace. Someone like Kane banging them in for fun alongside a forward line and midfield with pace (and an injection of balls) would do the trick IMO. Defensively we're getting sorted, turning those gilt-edged chances into goals is what we need next.

Sir Tennisball likes this.
  18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Funny thing is that as bad as it seems, we still would have won more trophies in the last two years than Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and City combined if we win the EL.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  19. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

It is so funny that the deluded RS are laughing at our league position. And yet if (and it is a big IF) united win the Europa (50-50 chance) united would have won more trophies than them and gone straight into CL whereas they have got 4th which means a tough play off.

The biggest single match that United play in recent times: will define United's season and next. Will also have an effect on progress towards the right team to compete at the very top.

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

IF we win the EL there is a good case to say we have had the most successful season of any PL team other than Chelsea.

Chelsea
    1 league winners trophy
    1 domestic Cup
    CL group stage qualification

United
    1 Domestic Cup
    1 European trophy

2nd and 3rd

4th
    CL qualifiers.

Of course if we blow it that all goes down the drain.

Christiansmith likes this.