1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by toshchamberlainsmate, Nov 14, 2012.

1. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

I'd like to know how you think things will go at the weekend.

We are feeling fairly confident at the moment, scoring plenty, but conceding too. This is different for us, as we are used to having a good defence, whilst sometimes struggling to score.

How is MoN likely to set up? Is McLean still in?......or has he fallen out with the team? What about CW?

Obviously I think we will win - 2-1 (maybe 3-1)
    I guess you will hope to get a result for your team.

Away from football, I have Irish connections on both sides.

Good people on both sides want sensible peace; just as mistakes and poor judgements have been made on both sides.
    Let us all find peace and respect the hurt that people from many different views have endured from Billy D to DisgustedReader. I wish calm reflection, understanding and tolerance for us all.
    NB I'm Atheist.

2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I think it's a tough game for us, for anyone, at the Cottage, but I have a feeling we may nick it 2-1.

I just think we've been better last couple weeks, and that we really need a win.

Been impressed with Fulham for 3 years now, and I like Jol a lot, I just fancy the lads may be bang up for this after putting in a real shift last week and losing.

3. toshchamberlainsmate

Yes we like to make it tough at our place (as do most teams, I guess). I thinki you'll need to score more than 2 if you want all the points

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

We're pretty good at the back mate, excellent in fact, although Berba can take the piss at will out of pretty much anyone.

We need a win, and we look like we are due one, as opposed to a couple weeks back when we were just ****e, Johnson is looking match fit, Sessegnon sharper, I think it may be our week.

That said, I know your a good side, and I'm certainly not 100% confident on what I say!

5. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Are you a resurrection of Tommy Trinder? Long time Fulham admirer as a steady London club rather than the big name lot. Only been to the Cottage once and found it a smashing place. That was way back in Tony Macedo days!!!!!!

6. LFT

LFT Well-Known Member

Can only see a draw at best really, although hopefully Cattermole is back so we should have some steel in midfield.

Obviously Sess and Johnson could cause problems if we get them running at your defence.

7. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

We don't score many Fulham are leaky so a good old fashioned 0-0 thriller.

8. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Fulham are banging the goals in and we will be back to normal on sunday as it is on sky 4-0 to Fulham.

9. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

Much as I would love to see the lads get a result in London, Fulham are the form side and we are not. A draw is the best we can hope for.

10. Bumblebore

Bumblebore Well-Known Member

Not getting my hopes up. Think we'll nick a draw

11. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

Can see a tight game so it will be hard to call. This one depends on what Fulham turn up, if you are off colour we will win but if you are on it as you've shown in the past we will be lucky to get a draw even if we play well.

12. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I don't really know why, but I fancy us to get at least a draw at Fulham and perhaps even a victory..

13. its been fun thanks :)

its been fun thanks :) ♬♬Badum-tish! ♬♬
    Forum Moderator

I reckon it'll be an entertaining 2-2 draw with an all round improvement in Sunderland (with Fletcher + Saha to score)

:bandit:

14. toshchamberlainsmate

I met TT a couple of times - in the 60s he would walk about through the crowd outside the ground before the match - nice fella.
    Yes Macedo was a very good goalie - I started going 60/61 season and Macedo, Cohen, Langley was always the first 3 on the sheet.

15. toshchamberlainsmate

Yes coz our fullbacks play pretty much full time as extra wingers now. Good for goals, but a bit scary against quality wingers.

I've always liked Adam Johnson - he should't have gone to city really - not eough game time. I bet he does well with your team.