1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Wigan

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Fulham v Wigan at home is obviously a game we need to be looking as a win.

I’m a fan who looks a groups of fixtures rather than one game at a time and the next 8 games I believe will tell us where our season is going. The first 8 was quite tough and although I would have hoped for and believe deserved more points we are only 3 points of top 6 and 5 points off top.

Our next four home games are Wigan, Luton, Hull, QPR and we need to looking at 10 points.

Wigan picked up there first win since the opening game last time out, but I think are a little better than there league position. Having said that anything other than 3 points would be a massive blow, once again the team pretty much picks itself other than the two centre midfield spots, I would go with Reid and then flip a coin between Arter and Reed

2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Only minor injury worry is Kevin McD who picked up a niggle in training. So likely to be as last starting eleven, with Arter on the bench as he didn't do himself many favors last performance. This is a must win for may reasons with Wigan likely to park the bus and look just to counter. Sharp crisp passing, keeping the ball and moving them around until they get sick of doing so will be the answer. Just need to do so for 90 minutes and get a good result. We should know and have the ability to win, no doubt about that.

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Let's hope for a more adventurous style tonight and we score more than one goal. If we can get the goals early we should get the points too.
    Keep Reed & Reid in, we don't need Arter doing his Berserker act and going down to 10 men. May be have Reid play more of a strikers role.
    Wigans dangerman will be Mulgrew with his accurate freekicks.

4. Cookie-6262

Three big points... I really believe we can take 12 out of 12 from Wigan, Luton, Hull, Charlton

2whitestripes likes this.
  5. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Listening to JG tonight and it sounded that we didn't play so much of the keep ball and pressed on. Wigan fought hard but little else but aggressive. We raised above that and got the points, which is heartening to hear. Looks like we have an alternative in style when needed, which bodes well. Can't wait to see Tom's goal, sounds like it was a stunner.

6. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

The important thing tonight was that we got the 3 points. We've played better in other games and drawn/lost. First half was a tad poor for me but Wigan were trying to stop us playing with many fouls. I think there was huge relief when the second goal went in as we have seen it so many times how we allow the opposition back into the game once we go one nil up.

Mitro looked a bit off today I'd say, Kamara did his second half warm up in his coat and looked a bit dis-interested, seemed a bit odd, anyway he did not feature in the game. I'm going Joe Bryan as MOM, good to see him scoring and I thought he had his best game in a while.

7. Cookie-6262

really good set of results today for Fulham, we entered the weekend 3 points off the play offs and have ended it 3 points of the automatics!!

2whitestripes likes this.
  8. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I wanted to draw particular attention to the role of Sessegnon in the second goal - he twice made key interceptions in our half having been left somewhat exposed, then got the ball forward for our attackers to do the rest. He has been caught out a few times, but I continue to be impressed with our SSess.

9. Cookie-6262

With Sessegnon we just have to remember not to expect him to turn into a £25 million teenager in the space of 12 months as it is not the norm!
    To me he looks like a very good young promising player who hopefully with games and looking after has the chance to develop into an excellent first team player for us... I’m sure there will mistakes but also top games from him!