1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Stoke

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

A good 3 points today... I took my 5 year old for her first game and though generally a good day I left 10 minutes early due to a bit of cold and boredom on her behalf! sounds like I missed a nervy 10 minutes!

I thought first half we were excellent, there were no bad performances but I’m going to highlight Reid and Knockeart who I thought were both stand outs!

I’m not quite sure what is wrong at Stoke they still have plenty of there premiership players in Allen, Clucas, Shawcross, Martin’s Indi, Butland plus good signings in Ince and Nick Powell... it goes to show how tough this division can be if anything is just off a little!

The only negative was the one fan sitting next to us who was the most negative person I think I have ever heard... you would have thought we were 3-0 down and bottom of the league ‍♂️

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

With the old stand now gone, the sun was dazzling and in the Johnny Haynes Stand you needed to shade your eyes to see the game, wonder if that made the rare change of kicking towards the Hammersmith in the first half. Fulham had the best of the first half and should have gone in more than a goal up as Butland pulled off a couple of great saves. Stoke came out more in the second half but never really worried Rodak until late in the Game.
    The injury to Onomah in the first half effected Fulham, as he had been making charging runs through the Stoke midfield.

Might be struggling with a few injuries for the Reading game.
    Could be Mawson's looked bad, and didn't see Onomah or Cairney take a knock, but didn't look good. But Stoke were their usual battering selves and Ream, Bryan and Reed all went down with head injuries.

3. Cookie-6262

I think Hector can play New Year’s Day if needed, not sure how ready he is although I noticed he has played a few u23 games. Butland made two top draw saves from Mitro... if they both go in we are talking about an impressive 3-0 win

4. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

According to Scotty, Onomah was suffering sickness before the game but started as he thought he could be ok, unfortunately he soon found he couldn't. We were very good first half and yes should have had a bigger lead, 3 - 0 would not be exaggeration. 2nd half we seemed to slow the pace and Stoke upped their game, albeit with some strong arm tactics. A deserved win at the end of the day, 3 points and back to 3rd and gained ground on WBA. Scott also said the team were tired having had only a short rest since Boxing Day, we go again on Weds (Sky Red Button). The short break here will be difficult especially with what looks like some injuries, hopefully Hector can do the job we have got him for and perhaps a youngster or 2 to freshen things up. It was good to see SSess back on the pitch, even for just a short spell today. I believe we have a few bigger wins around the corner. COYW's.

5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Funny you say that I also stood next to a very negative fan v Luton. I does spoil the game and if your not careful it can drag you down thinking the same way. As you say we are third with still the potential to play better.

Parker is still learning but with a better defence we would storm this league. Game I thought changed when Onomah went off. He's coming good and his strength against a robust Stoke side was what was needed.

2whitestripes likes this.
  6. Cookie-6262

Further to me saying I can’t see why Stoke are struggling with the players they have retained... I have just read that Stoke have had the 5th fewest shots on target against them but have conceded the 4th highest amount of goals.

7. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

A surprising statistic considering Butland's performance against us.