1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Hull

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Onto Hull City at home... as far as I’m concerned if we want to up we have to win our home games!

Hull were expected to struggle this season even by alot of there home fans but having kept Bowen and Groski probably to the surprise of there fans they are still very dangerous although a little inconsistent.

annoyingly there away form looks better than there home form and they have won there last two against Derby and Forest so will not be an easy game!

Betts will obviously come in for Rodak and apparently Stef Jo and Arter are both 50/50 to be honest I’m not sure Arter would move Reed anyway!

Hull have a few issues upfront Magennis is in the middle of a suspension and there new Hungarian striker is out injured but as above in Bowen and Groski they have two of the best scoring attacking midfielders in the division!

14 games in and Fulham still haven’t found the right balance.... from what I have seen it should be this....

midfield three
    Away - Reed Arter Cairney
    Home - Reed Stef Jo Cairney

wingers - just rotate Cav Knocky Reid

Fulham COYW likes this.
  2. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Yes, need to win this and there is no reason why we shouldn't. Scoring first is so important at the moment to the way we play and Hull are well capable of scoring on the break. Couple of things intrigues me about this game - how come it is sold out and who I wonder will be the goalie on the bench.

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Hull are on a bit of a roll and you picked out their danger men in Grosicki & Bowen as they hit teams on the break away from home.
    Think Ajax have a lot of supporters coming over and will take in a few games. Think the Leyton Orient EFL Trophy game was moved to wednesday because police said a large amount of Ajax supporters had bought tickets for the original date. Same for Charlton & Palace on Sunday.
    Couple of things intrigues me about this game - I wonder which half we will play well in and which half we will play poorly. - I wonder if any of our corners will reach a Fulham player.

4. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Good result last night for us and Woodrow is doing us proud... two goals away to West Brom and then a 94th minute equaliser last night against Bristol City which means 3 points today would definitely move us into the top 6!!

5. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

What a Load of Rubbish !! Just when I thought the first half was the poor half, the second half turned out to be worse.
    There's nothing to get the crowd sparked up at home, we start off dull and the crowd just goes silent, and can't be bothered either. Lots of Dutch and other tourist in the crowd. May be the open Riverside stand kills the atmosphere, bring back the Clappers ?!!!?
    The Bryan injury after 2 minutes set the tone of our game, with Le Marchand coming on we were all over the place. It's been pointed out before by others that we let a lot of our goals in down the left side of defence and it happened again. Not really any player you could pick out as being good on a day when it was wet and very windy. and they didn't seem up for it. picking out players who were just awful would be easier. Tom Cairney had a touch of the Parker's and just went round in circles, Mawson was terrible, our corners were terrible, and Hull executed their breakaway plan excellently.
    Johansen (booked) for one of his sh*thousery fouls got the biggest cheer of the day.

6. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

From the result and what I have read we have let ourselves down. We need to get things sorted pdq to ensure we make a real challenge. We certainly don't need any more wake up calls.
    COYW'S