1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Forest

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

On to Forest at home this Saturday which as I stated is the first of four tough fixtures which could set out our path this season. Forest have spent a bit of money this season and are expected to be in and around the top 6. Forest have scored in every game so far only losing one, a tough game away to West Brom and also earning a great point away at Leeds. This will be a tough one but what a chance to really set a marker, it’s at home, the teams confidence must be sky high and a fourth win on the trot would really send a message!

This will be the 3rd game in 8 days and after no changes last night i fully expect at least one or two changes I’m just not sure where, Stef Jo is the obvious choice for either Reed or Reid but after that who else do you swap maybe give Sess a break but make it clear to him it’s just a games rest and nothing to do with his form?

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Let's hope we can keep the momentum going.
    Forest will give us a tough game, they've scored in each of their previous game, so it might be a nervy game till the end, but hoping we come out with a win as 12 points from 5 games would be a good start with a tough away game to come and the international break disrupting things.

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Indeed, when you forget that every game in the EFL is going to be tough, you will loose. I like that in Scott's pre-match interviews is isn't overly emphasizing the strengths of the opposition, it's far more about us and our capabilities, something our former coaches did, probably more out of politeness.
    Dennis is back in training but not ready for today's game, so we will have to put up with Sess again, yippee!
    COYW's

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

It's still early in the season, but this might be our first rotation. Reid or Onomah may make an appearance but I really, really hope SSess starts ahead of Cyrus.

I wouldn't expect a change to our front four, as this is a big game. Lets hope for some fun in the sun!

5. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

An early goal let in again and we were chasing the game. It was a good worked goal by Forest but there were chances for Fulham players to put in tackles as Forest spreed the play.
    The stats on possession and shots give a false account. The first half we were no where clinical enough with few clear cut chances for us.
    I think the second goal was a choker in the way we gave it away & defended it, as we'd been on top for most of the second half.
    I didn't really understand the substitutions, for me the ones taken off had been better than the ones who came on or those that were left on.
    The time wasting is annoying but it's not as if we don't do it and 8 minutes extra were played, with the water breaks and subs time included.
    I thought there was a possibility we should have had 2 penalties, and at the time I was convinced that the disallowed goal should have stood as I thought one of the Forest players had impeded his own goalkeeper.
    Conclusion Forest played well in defence and were more clinical in taking and creating their limited chances.

6. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

This was a typical Championship game - unpredictable! We were unlucky not to get anything out the game, but we play worse and win. 2 years ago in our last championship season at this point we were more worried about relegation! The team is bedding in well and the new players are doing great. Things look good.

Fulham COYW and 2whitestripes like this.