1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Derby

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

A quick turn around and another home game to possibly make it 3 wins in a row and move into the top 3.

Derby are having a mixed season expected to be up there they started badly but have improved lately to move up to mid table, there improvement has been down to 5 home wins on the bounce and in all honesty there away form is poor but this reminds me of the Hull preview They has good home win against Preston last time out although they picked up injuries to midfielders Bennett and Shinnie who are both now out!

As for Fulham Mitro is back and will surely come straight back in though after his performance it wouldn’t surprise me if AK replaces Knockeart. Reed is 50/50 and with Arter K Mac may get a game... I would like us to play Bobby Reid in Cairney’s advanced roll and TC dropping deeper although this would be tough on Stef Jo.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Another game that must be won, giving momentum into the more difficult games ahead of us.
    Team selection is dependent on fitness, so if Reed is out Stef Jo can drop in there. Cairney looked to me to drop deeper in the second half against QPR and look more effective. AK4, Reid should start following their last performance, along with Mitro. A word for Mawson, I thought he was very good in the last few games and has contributed greatly, along with Rodak, keeping 2 clean sheets on the trot.
    I'll be watching from the sofa tonight (Sky Red Button), hopefully not too often just peeping from behind it.
    COYW's

3. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Much improved performance tonight. Derby did not press us that much and it could be said we coasted it but until that third goal went in your never too sure when it comes to Fulham. AK was immense, his first touch has improved dramatically. Cairney dictated the game and was my MOM just ahead of Johanson who was busy throughout the game.

First half just flew by, really enjoyed it. I did worry that Chris Martin would come back to haunt us, particularly after I read it was in 1969 that Derby last won at the Cottage. My fears were misplaced as he was virtually invisible for the whole game.

4. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

Good win and a nice run developing. Saw most of the second half and I thought we looked class.

5. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Well that was easier than expected, good to see Bobby get his first goal and hopefully his injury and Kamara’s are not to bad!

6. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I still get nervous when we drop our intensity at the end of game albeit 2 nil up. Just needs a lucky goal and we are under pressure.
    That intensity coincided with AK47 leaving the field, he brought a lot of energy, closed down play and was a thorn in Derby's side and although only playing part of the match was my MOTM. Not to say others didn't have good games and at the end of the day it was comfortable.
    I forgot Martin was still at Derby, he looked poor and not committed, sounds similar to our assessment a while back.
    I couldn't agree more, he deserved it.
    Next up Swansea, live on Sky too!