1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham time...

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

After proudly bowing out in the cup ( well done everyone ) we entertain Fulham in our final game before a well due break for the players. Wonder which ones of ours will play for countries!?

Anyway, we look to make it 5 / 5 infront of a likely improved gate with such a promising start.

For what it's worth, I think we've been incredibly lucky to win our past three games but clearly I won't complain-
    * Millwall sounded good value for a point.
    * Barnsley absolutely battered us first half, should have been 2-0 after wasting an absolute sitter and we scored our only 2.
    * Brentford again absolutely pulled our pants down first half, and we score with our first shot of the game.

We cannot continue to get such luck in the league, and really I feel need to up our performance here vs a side who will be desperate to get their stuttering start of a season back on track. Fulham were the third favourites with the bookies for this campaign ( mind you we were 19th so shows what they know ) and have the remains of a play off side last season. That said, looking on wiki their squad looks paperthin and they have four loanees. Hmmmm. They did just lose 1-0 at home to Bristol Roves in the cup too.

I think this may be a draw, perhaps narrow defeat. Not feeling too upbeat for this one, however I haven't for many this season! Think the lack of CB could be an issue. Apparently Skuse is ill, hopefully he's fit for Saturday apparently been a different player this season. As for the line up..... I'll predict Mick may well go -

Bart

Iorfa / Spence / Knudsen / Kenlock

Sears / Skuse / Ward / Waghorn

McGoldrick / Garner

Celina / Downes / Gerken / Woolfenden / Nydam / Rowe / McDonnell.

Gate 18,200.

COYB. Anyone going, thoughts!?

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I think this is a banker defeat, as i'll be there (going with a Fulham fan), and i haven't seen us win a home tie in about 8 attempts.
    I agree that we've been a tab lucky of late to win those games - but isnt that supposed to be a mark of a good team, to win you play you play sh ite?

I think the team will probably pick itself, especially as no one from last night will get a game, and we literally only have 10 fit outfield players (not including last nights team).

Fulham are a good team, and they won;t be near the bottom for too long. They are also a good footballing team, who like to attack quickly (not like Brentford's tippy tappy tactics)
    We need to be 100% on our game for this one, and hope that our forwards continue their rich vein of form, because if they don't, we will lose this easily.

I'll predict a 1-2 loss, with McG getting a penalty for us (i can also see a sending off for someone too)

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I'm going up with my Son so unfortunately as sure as eggs are eggs that's bound to put the Kaibosh on it!

Fulham are a really good side but like Brentford they don't have much of a cutting edge and at the moment we seem to be finding a way to win so I am predicting an edgy 1-0 win for the Town.

4. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I would expect a change across the midfield if Ryan Sessagnon is a still a Fulham player and playing on Saturday. For all the good Waggy has done down the right, I think Mick will want to have a bit more cover against a marauding left back of his quality. Hyam, Downes or McDonnell to come into the middle (though likely to be Downes) Also has McGoldrick's missus had the baby yet. Wouldn't be surprised to see him miss out if she's still expecting.

Bart
    Iorfa | Spence | Jonas | Kenlock
    Ward | Skuse | Downes | Sears
    Waggy | Garner

Fancy another win for no reason other than we are still riding a wave of optimism and even a midweek defeat feels like a positive outcome. A narrow and scrappy 2-1 win

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

3-1 Waghino Wardiesta and McGoldricovich

Castro Sito likes this.
  6. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

And SKY along with the rest of the "Mainstream" media will still ignore us if we manage 5 league wins in a row! <laugh>

Old Jeff Stelling couldn't bare to mention our result last Saturday!

San Diego likes this.
  7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Tell me about it, the BBC football website Ipswich section has stories from as long ago as 2013 still on it. Ryan Fraser story still there, it's ridiculous. A completely forgotten club.

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Oh yeah, and Ipswich to win 3-1.
    Fulham don't worry me at all.

9. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I'm watching this one (three home games in a row, haven't done that for a few years!) and I'm not overly optimistic about a draw. I saw Fulham play us last season on Boxing Day and they were hands down one of the best footballing sides I've seen us play. Completely played us off the park, although a central midfield of Skuse and Douglas probably aided their game.

I know they have indifferent form so far, but we can't win five consecutive league games can we? We've rode our luck in a few of those matches and I'd argue Fulham are technically superior to all the clubs we've played so far this season, with the possible exception of Crystal Palace.

Maybe we can take a 2-2 draw? I'd be happy with that.

10. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Interesting but probably insignificant stat..

Fulham have scored 4 goals this season.. with 3 separate goalscorers. Only 2 of which were in the league (1 of which was an OG & the other a player who is now injured, who also has 2 goals for the season)

Ipswich have scored 12 goals this season... 9 of which were in the league.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.

11. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Ipswich will lose

12. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

1-1 hard draw and then into Inters and well re-group. Enjoy the game fellas ...those going!

COYBs

13. Spanish

Losing and up against it once again, cant keep on giving away so much possesion and getting away with it!

14. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Spanish, cheer yourself up & look at the Norwich match day thread <whistle><whistle>

15. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Poor first half.

16. Spanish

Redruth, im banned from their site! Tis funny tho, losing 3-0 to Millwall

17. whitestallionblue73

whitestallionblue73 Active Member

All good things come to an end...:angry: Fulham are an excellent side and this was a reality check after a dream start.:emoticon-0107-sweat Still, well in the top 6 and the poor old Canaries need the International break even more then us...:emoticon-0148-yes:

18. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

The only bright spot on an otherwise poor afternoon.

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  19. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Poor performance today

20. Spanish

Need more quality at the back and in cm imo! At least one signing needed and get injured back, then hopefully we wont get overrun so much!