1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham Players Out on Loan

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Given the speculation about Dan Burn and the inevitability that others will go out on loan, thought it worth starting a new thread.

First up is Omri Altman. After his showing for Israel U21s against England a couple of weeks ago, I think Omri was hoping that he had convinced Jol that he was ready for the main squad. However, it seems that the boss feels that he needs a bit more experience and he's off to Maccabi Tel Aviv for a spell.

Source: http://www.maccabi-tlv.co.il/en/news/news-articles/mta-negotiating-loan-deal-for-omri-altman/

PS While the Maccabi site says 'negotiating' I understand it's going ahead.

2. Cottager58

Dan Burn has signed a contract extension and at the same time time gone a season loan to Birmingham - "That's The Way To Do It".

Good for the Club and Dan.

please log in to view this image

"Fulham defender Dan Burn has signed a new two-year contract with the club and will spend next season on loan at Birmingham City.

The 21-year-old centre-back, signed from Darlington in 2011, impressed in League One during a loan spell at Yeovil last term. Fulham are now keen for him to pick up first-team experience in the Championship, and Birmingham – managed by former Whites star Lee Clark – quickly declared an interest.

Burn said: “Fulham wanted me to progress and learn from different coaches and different players, so it will be a great experience.”

Source: http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/burn-signs-fulham-deal-and-leaves-on-loan

3. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

I think both these bits of news are very good. Getting him on a new contract is important, especially if he has the talent people think he has and the ability to test himself at a higher level club before transitioning into our first team, presumably next season.

Win-Win, I think.

4. Cottager58

We payed Darlington £350k for him. He was 18 at the time and had only played 14 games for them.

Will he make it? YES. I've seen a fair number of games when he played for the Academy and while he was a bit 'raw', there was an athelticism and natural ability about him. He seems to have matured as a player at Yeovil and was obviously appreciated there, being voted MOTM a number of times and 'Young Player of the Year'.

5. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Great news all round for us and Burn. He gets a natural progression into Championship football and we'll hopefully have a better player for it. An English one at that, lawks!

6. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

Agree cottager like yourself i have watched him many times,and he allways looked dominent
    and not just for his stature,i hope we get him back after one season as i believe he could learn a lot
    partenering Brede.

7. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Cookie, I saw Burn play for Yeovil against Bournemouth last season, and he looked good. He was out of position at left back for most of the game before moving into the centre for the last half hour. One thing that struck me was that in both positions he was the defender that the rest of the back four (or three later in the game) looked to for bringing the ball forward. He had obviously proved himself to his temporary team-mates and was comfortable on the ball as well as sound defensively. Obviously, it was a lower level of football but it was a competitive senior environment. I think he's definitely got a chance at the top level. I'd like to see him pushing for our first team in twelve months time, if not before.

8. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

Latest loan reports is that Ryan Williams may be going back to Australia,
    this lad in my opinion has bags of tallent,and was reported to have cost us 100k from Portsmouth.
    Cottager has probably seen him as much as i have so it would be nice to get another opinion.
    For me i would like to see him loaned to a British league club where his performances can be better analysed.

9. Cottager58

I'd completely forgotten that our 6' central midfielder Josh Pritchard is still out on loan - to Tromso of Norway until the end of August.

And tomorrow night he will be playing in the Europa League. Tromsø play fellow first qualifying round winners İnter Bakı.

10. Cottager58

I liked this quote from the Dartforfd FC forum when they were discussing their team requirements for next season:

"Goalkeeper? NOT a problem . we can choose from any 1 of Fulham's spare 5"

[As you know we lent them both Bettinelli and Symogyi at different times last season]

11. Cottager58

12. Cottager58

Our lads out on loan had a mixed day as League football got underway.

Dan Burn had an unlucky debut as Birmingham went down 1-0 at home to Watford.

Manager Lee Clark said, "I've told the players that there is no need to change anything. On another day we would have got at least a draw. We just didn't get that little bit of luck."

And indeed that was the case in the final minutes when the big defender moved up for a corner only to see his header fly just wide as Watford hung on grimly to their slender lead.

http://www.birminghamcity-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/birmingham_01_watford_match_report_801715/index.shtml

Ryan Williams was officially announced by Oxford United today as on loan until January.

http://www.oufc.co.uk/news/article/00030813-williams-965339.aspx

Ryan was an unused sub in Oxford’s impressive 4-1 win away to Portsmouth.

13. Cottager58

And our third player currently (there will be more soon) on loan, Josh Pritchard, also played at the weekend -

" In Norway, Josh Pritchard helped Tromso come from two goals down to draw with Valerenga in the Tippeligaen. First half strikes from Mohammed Fellah and former Wigan Athletic man Kristofer Haested had put Valerenga in control of the match, but Remi Johansen and Morten Moldskred earned Tromso a point, before Pritchard was withdrawn with little more than 10 minutes remaining.

14. Cottager58

Here is the latest round-up from the Club -

"Dan Burn played the full 120 minutes as Birmingham City defeated Plymouth Argyle 3-2 after extra-time in the Capital One Cup First Round on Tuesday night.

Burn, on loan at the Blues from Fulham, saw Lewis Alessandra twice level for Sky Bet League Two side Plymouth to cancel out Scott Allan's second-half brace. But defender Kyle Bartley scored an extra-time volley to seal Birmingham's place in the Second Round.

Lee Clark’s men head to Burn’s former loan side Yeovil Town on Saturday (3pm) in the Sky Bet Championship.

Elsewhere in the Capital One Cup, Fulham youngster Ryan Williams made his Oxford United debut but the U’s went down to a 4-0 loss at Charlton Athletic.
    Simon Church opened the scoring, before Danny Green added a second. Church scored his second and Charlton’s third in the early stages of the second half, with Williams, who saw a close-range shot saved by Ben Hamer, departing the action in the 76th minute. Joe Pigott converted a late penalty to complete the rout."

And another player not mentioned and everyone seems to have forgotten, Omri Altman on loan to Maccabi Tel Aviv, didn’t play in his club’s Champion’s League qualifier against one of our old favourites, Basle.

Maccabi nearly did a Juvi, trailing 1-0 from the first leg they went 3-0 down in this game but came back to draw 3-3. Although it means they go out 4-3 on aggregate, they still get a crack at the Europa League so Omri might yet get European experience

15. Cottager58

Jol intends to loan out Pajtim Kasami and Matt Briggs

"MARTIN Jol plans to send Fulham youngsters Pajtim Kasami and Matthew Briggs out on loan again this season.

Kasami made just three appearances for the Whites last season before spending time at Swiss side Lucerne, where he featured 16 times. The midfielder came off the bench in Fulham's pre-season friendly draw with Real Betis on Monday night. But boss Jol plans to send the 21-year-old out again to get regular game time.

He said: “If you look at the likes of [Steven] Caulker and [Kyle] Naughton they needed 100 games or more then came back to their clubs and did well. That's what I hope for the players I've got as well because in England there aren't many youngsters [who are playing regularly]. I would like to give them experience and put them on loan, like I did with [Alex] Kacaniklic. He came back and he was better.”

Jol has also made young defender Briggs available for another loan spell. The 22-year-old left-back had stints at Bristol City and Watford last campaign, and the Dutchman admits his chances at Craven Cottage are limited. He added: “I think Briggs could do with another 25-50 games, and if not he stays here and he'll be a back-up player.”

Source: http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/08/09/82029-33708489/

Bit surprised about Kasami but given where he is in his contract, at a guess, this is to put him in the window with the intention of moving him on. Jol's last comment about Briggs in the Chronicle interview says it all.

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

When does Kasami's contract expire? If he's entering his final year, then Jol's comments suggest he doesn't see him as having a future with us. Like others, I thought this year was make-or-break for him. If he's not pushing for a starting place, it's more likely to be break. Shame, but it may well be that we never get to see him fulfill his potential at the Cottage.

17. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

While I don't disagree, this doesn't sound like he's looking sell either. If we wanted to sell them... then surely we'd do just that? Why improve them as players just to sell them on? Isn't that the sort of thing you'd do with players you want to keep?

18. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Kaca went out on loan once to a Championship team where he was guaranteed first team football, not fair for Jol to make that comparison to Briggs and Kasami. Kasami went on loan to an unknown Swiss team and Briggs was hardly a first choice player at Watford, make sure you send them somewhere they can play first Jol before making such statements. I knew Karagounis signing would stem Kasami's progress, fantastic.

19. n1ck

n1ck Member

I think his contract expires at the end of the 2014/2015 season.

20. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I think you read that a lot differently to how I did. I didn't think he was making a comparison, more saying "it worked for Kaca, it can work for Briggs and Kasami too".