1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham, and time to try something new.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Expect to see the same 11 as started last game, but time for a bit of a rethink.
    Reflecting on the Europa team, I thought Fabregas and RLC were the best of the midfield, with Barkley OK but not outstanding. I'd start both of them with Kante in his best position, not his Sarri position. I thought Christensen showed enough to get a start alongside Rudiger and away from Cahill, who makes everyones life difficult and slows the game to a walk. Giroud should start, as should Callum Odoi, but I don't think Sarri will play the kid, in which case Pedro would be my choice with Hazard and ahead of Willian.Other than that Emerson was lively and should get some time off the bench.

Kepa, Dave Rudiger Christensen Alonso Kante RLC Fabregas Hazard Giroud Pedro.

PS I hope the fans remember that Claudio Ranieri started our revolution and in my opinion ,bought the best players of our last decade to the Club. Hope he gets a great reception.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I called very early how Judas 1 & Judas 2 were sabotaging CFC, no one accepted my prediction then.

unfortunately I have a very bad feeling on how Sorry has handled things.

Playing Luiz & Alonso in Defense.
    Playing Kante in worst mid position.
    Playing useless Morata.

Across layers Sarri is going out of his way to corner more transfer money by doing inside job.

Would be lucky to get point against Cottagers

So Sarri"Sorry"OUT from me..

3. The Ginger Marks

Marvellous! Join another forum and bore them to death with your boring repetitive ****e.<ok>

4. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Need 2nd or 3rd goal possibly.. Cannot defend 1 goal for S#!t with sorry excuse of defenders in Alonso & Luiz..

Fulham on the up

5. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Sorry has been rattled by me & some!! Long this may continue.

Pulling the awful Alonso at the right time.. Davide is much better Defender than Useless Alonso..

Alonso made a farking Messi out of Kamara right there

6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

when you have a natural forward player in RLC, why thrust Kante into an uncomfortable position??

Just like when you have 2 better defenders in Emerson & Davide, persist with Alonso as a Defender?????

Alonso is a proverbial neither there no here. Not good enough to be a forward not decent enough to be a defender..

AlonsoOUT

7. The Ginger Marks

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Another pretty dull performance . Unlike Stan, I thought the back 4 were markedly better than against Spurs with Luiz especially in pretty good form. What I didn't like was Alonso running forward then stopping and passing backwards so many times. Looked as if he was under orders to get the ball forward ONLY via the midfield, and hold back at all costs. This attitude led to a load of pointless sideways and backwards passing by the mids and defenders, with scant attempt to break forward. Pretty dull if you ask me.
    Jorghino was again missing in action, Kovacic ineffective in attack and Kante looked much sharper, though still out of position. Giroud should have stayed on Pedro was excellent and Hazard subdued. RLC looks a cut above Barkley and Kovacic at the moment and Fabregas was hugely more impressive as a distributer in mid week than Jorghino in his last 3 games.
    Time to rotate the starting line up, the first 11 looks as stale as last weeks bread. Oh, and then there's Morata who couldn't score in a brothel, sooner he goes the better for everyone.

StanDMan likes this.
  9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

tbh mate, thats his play 90% of the time. He needs to play 1, 2s, ghost in and have better movement as 99% he knows and cannot take on a man.

We controlled the match but didnt really attack much as sarri mentioned it was about the result this afternoon.

Funnily enough, someone mentioned that kovacic has had an easy ride with respect to the kante/jorginho debate and i couldnt help but agree, as technically good and energy he has, he isn't doing enough as the more attacking of the three and i think he should be replaced.

Giroud needs to be the full time starter and pedro has to start.

StanDMan likes this.
  10. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I just cannot fathom how so many people fall for that useless Alonso.
    Alonso is a glorified Steward Downing FFS.. Alonso isn't a defender..

When Pedro is our livewire, we have little hope..

Bring back Michy & Tammy & ship out Morata for free.
    Zouma & Christensen are not worse than Luiz..

Chelsea lacking common sense.. SorryOut / SarriOut

11. Chelsea Pensioner

I thought Alonso had some cracking games earlier on , and did just what you say and what I want him to do, play the 1/2 and keep going. Did you see the PSG /Liverpool game when Neymar and Mbape did exactly that from their own end? 60 mtrs they went and then scored. Slow as he might be, Alonso is more than capable of that if Hazard goes with him.
    Something amiss in midfield for sure, actually no one is going that well. Kante was best against Fulham and RLC looked fast and powerful when he got a run. I'd like to see Kante back at DM, and RLC and Fabregas/Jorghino get a run together, couldn't be worse than the last few outings. Giroud is a no brainer and Pedro in better form than Willian for sure. Maybe we were a bit safety first , but whole team looked just a bit lost to me.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Or now.

You are off your ****ing rocker, big time, if you think that Emerson is better than Alonso. Zappacosta isnt as good either imo, but that statement is less insane, however.

Ship out a player we bought for £65m, for free? I hope you dont give financial advice for a living!
    Even at his depreciated value we would still be able to get £30m + for him from someone.

Yes they are Stan.

Also Tammy Abraham is a Championship level player and will never be anything more.
    In fact the only thing you have said that i agree with is that we should bring back Michy Batshuayi, whom I do rate as a player.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

rather routine win on top of Thursday's routine win.

The next 2 games will tell us a lot more.

As always, Stan is rambling like a madman and becoming this board's embarrassing drunk uncle at a wedding. Not all problems will be solved just by swapping out players you don't like with some squad player. Do you really think a team with Emerson, Zappacosta, Barkley and Abraham is going to challenge City......really?!?!?!?!!? This is a new system that will take time to settle and gel. GET A GRIP.

14. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Some newer fans really do have short memories. Last season was a disaster.

Sarri has had 4-5 Months in the job which has seen us steady the ship and haul us back to somewhere near the top. There is vast improvement that needs to be made and will take more than one season to do it. Just look at the two top teams in the league right now, city and Liverpool, to see my example validated.

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

That's the scary thing, i think he actually does.
    Emerson is better than Alonso? <laugh> ffs

And Abraham, yes he is having a blinder in the Championship, but top 4 of the PL is a little bit of a jump in quality from the Championship.