1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Friday's Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Two rumours doing the rounds -

1. We've made an improved offer for Serge Aurier said to be £3.33m (or the euro eqivalent) plus add ons
    2. we're considering offering Hitzlsperger a contract.

All quiet about the RB position though !

2. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

...errr Cottager, I thought Aurier was a RB

3. Cottager58

He is Tosh, indeed he is. Thought they both were.

4. valjing

valjing Member

We have purchased some new to the premiership faces over the past few weeks,
    but regarding our RB position tried ,and tested is the option I would go for,so
    HUTTON for me

5. RobespierreFFC

Hutton would suit me as welll but I imagine Aurier would be cheaper and perhaps has greater potential. In addition to that, as much as we talk about the possibility of signing hutton on this board, has anyone heard any suggestions that spurs actually plan on selling him?

6. Cottager58

And at roughly the same value as Aurier, you could well be correct vaj.

On the 'out' front, Jol said at his press conference that he was prepared to let Rafik Halliche go. o great loss I guess.

7. RobespierreFFC

No Halliche certainly won't be badly missed. The one appearance I saw him make last season was 10 mins in the FA cup against posh and his only contribution was giving away a penalty. While I may have been a bit too judgemental, I somehow never saw him as a first team regular.

8. valjing

valjing Member

Robes"
    Same views here.

9. Penguin

Penguin Member

Robes and Val - also agree about Halliche. I suppose he was useful cover at CB (although fortunately not needed much). Now we have Senderos for that, assuming of course that we get a RB and Hughes goes back to CB.

As for Hutton, no I haven't heard even a whisper of his being linked with us.

The Aurier rumour seems to have been around for a while which makes me think its not going to happen

10. Cottager58

Villa have been linked with him of and on, but it now looks as if it will happen. McLeish knows this fellow Scot from north of the border of course.

The word on the street is that we would then look closely at Luke Young - who was fine on Saturday, albeit never very hard pressed.

11. Cottager58

The French press are reporting that the Lens chairman says Serge Aurier is not moving. The Lens fans say that means he's definitely off. A medical on Tuesday is rumoured.

Watch this space.

12. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Not heard of this lad so looked him up on Wikipedia. He's only 18 according to them. Would he be seen as a regular starter do you think or more a squad rotation body to be wheeled out every now and then? Whilst I like the idea of younger players I would like them to be slightly older than a teenager.

13. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

If he's good enough, he's old enough. What I've read about him (and I hadn't heard of him before he was mentioned on this board) he's a bit of a young starlet. I don't think we'd be signing him to park him on the bench or in the reserves.

If we did sign a young right back, he'd be supported by a hugely experienced international keeper in Schwarzer, two hugely experienced international centre backs - whether it was Senderos or Hughes alongside Hangeland - and a hugely experienced right-sided midfielder in Duff. Our left-back scores highly on experience and quality too, although I'm not sure that makes a lot of difference out on the pitch, as they would be so far away from each other, but I suppose he'd have a good example of attacking full-back play to watch and learn from. All things considered, it's hard to think of a better team to slot a young right back into at the moment.

14. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

One other point to add is that at 18 he would have time to qualify both as home grown and Fulham trained by the time he hit 21. If he's a good player, that would make him more useful to us than a slightly more refined 21 year old!

15. Cottager58

So it goes on. This time the Italian press say we have offerred £1.75m for Parma RB Cristian Ziccardo (29yrs). Howver Parma vaaluation is £2.5m.