1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Friday 15th. January 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jan 14, 2021.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Friday's Meetings

Newcastle
    A/W 8 Races 12:40-4:10p.m.
    Dundalk(E)
    A/W 8 Races 3:45-7:15p.m.
    Southwell(E)
    A/W 7 Races 4:30-7:30p.m.
    Huntingdon
    Abandoned
    Sedgefield
    Abandoned

Racecards
    At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck<ok>

2. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Sand Rat Special ..........

3. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

You'd be annoyed if you had to cover those cards on the radio. Unless you can put on repeats in between races!

Resurgam and rudebwoy like this.
  4. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Think we may be seeing a few more sand rats or sand rat wannabes aka bumpers for jumpers with this weather we are having - Nass’s favourite races!

rudebwoy likes this.
  5. rudebwoy

Those trot round and sprint for the last three furlongs are a joke , not races, one up from those cartoon things in the betting shops , mind you they have their adherents,

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  6. rudebwoy

Taima 5/1 in the last rat run tonight , stepping up in trip on fibresand debut , prescott likes these plodders , they just grind away , least exposed , and form of its last race working out , thank me after <laugh>

7. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

4:10 Kick On Kick On

This horse clearly has the ability to win races from this mark, however he needs everything to fall into place, being a horse who comes from off the pace.

He has found difficulties in all of his recent runs, but it’s very interesting that they are trying the more expansive Newcastle straight course today.

Rockley Point in stall 9 should help set a fair enough pace and I expect him to pick them off with some style in the final furlong.

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  8. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

You absolutely love it rudey, no harm in being open about your adoration of the AW tracks, racing in it's purest form. I see you have even put forward one from your tracker...

Wasn't it King Edward the 2nd who said," if we can't have racing on sand, then we can't have any racing" , splendid. I may or may not have made that bit up, I'll leave that to the historians to figure out <whistle>

9. rudebwoy

i have no problem with it , i like southwell and it’s deep surface , only lingfield bothers me , too many hard luck stories there , i don’t use a tracker , only my fading memory <laugh>

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  10. poshfan

poshfan Well-Known Member

I find most flat races boring and sand is even worse il give racing a miss till we get better weather

rudebwoy likes this.

11. SaveTheHumans

On a more serious note, I used to find I had some sort of handle on the racing at Dundalk, given it is our only AW track used for racing, you could reasonably set your watch to a certain degree as to what was going to run and to how good a race said horse would run. It was never foolproof of course, but it provided enough winners at useful prices to keep me coming back for more. For some reason, maybe a shift between Jupiter and Mars, I can't for the life of me follow it as well anymore, most of the horses from that period have gone and since the new guard have come in, I've found it a track I avoid at almsot all costs nowadays. The fact each race is almsot at full capacity doesn't help either.

John McConnell seems to be doing well there now, he is a yard who has had quite a turnaround in fortunes for some reason the past 18 months or so, going from having the odd winner here and there to sending out regular winners with form not coming into the equation. Anyone any insight there about that, I would appreciate it.

rudebwoy likes this.
  12. rudebwoy

Yes , i get that totally , lots more horses running on the aw now , used to be regulars , where you could get a handle on. them, but so many now i find it impossible t okeep tabs on them . J mcconnell , does he use hendos vet ?<laugh>

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  13. SaveTheHumans

He could well use him <laugh>. It's just he has been around a few years now but the form of his yard has gone into a different level than what he normally operates at, unfancied horses mostly, I can't see anything where he states why. Perhaps he's just mastered his trade.

14. rudebwoy

seems better with nh, his flat stats are ok , but jumps seem better ......irish stables ive no clue , those small family affairs that exist everywhere , where would you start ?

15. rudebwoy

that went well .......not , patently did too much ,too soon but didn’t stay that trip , i see he’s entered again next week ?