1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Free travel to all away games...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 5, 2023.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Just seen that.

Wonderful gesture.

3. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Fantastic gesture to be fair.If I lived in the area I'd be taking full advantage of it.

nbetiger and Wessie Exile like this.
  4. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Absolutely superb. Away games are already a cracking day out, this will improve things further. Ditch the firesticks and get involved!

5. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Brilliant gesture. Reckon he'd pay for my flight?

6. BillyBlysPaperboy

BillyBlysPaperboy Well-Known Member

Amazing! Shows how the new ownership has changed the running of our Club.
    Should fill the away grounds everywhere we go!

BillyBlysPaperboy

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  7. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

That really is an unbelievable offer. I'm not sure where the money for all this is coming from but it is an offer that I in my 58 years of support for this club have never seen any where near as generous offered by the management to the fans before. It's usually been the other way around!
    This should see us selling out at Sheffield United in a couple of weeks time.
    By the way, poor uptake on the cheap tickets for the Fulham game. Less than 10,000 sold so far.

8. TigerKare

TigerKare Well-Known Member

Hats off to Acun for this fantastic gesture!

9. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Incredibly generous and a great idea too. We had the biggest away crowd in the division at Wigan, their vocal backing of the team was really evident even watching at home and it will definitely have boosted the team. Tapping into that again for the rest of the season can only help our already excellent away form.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's a shame. Not sure how you fix the lack of glamour around these early round cup ties. Football has talked itself into believing they don't matter and I think it's hard to reverse that now.

11. Ric Glasgow

Would there be cash generated from away ticket sales that would offset the costs slightly.It's a genuine question out of interest not in any way detracting from this most generous gesture.

I'm not sure how away ticket money is divided and distributed so the question is out of curiousity.

12. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Amazing gesture

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Acun...

“The support from our fans has been fantastic, and we wanted to show them the same kind of support. We know it’s quite a tough time for people at the moment, and Christmas is always an expensive time, so if we can help them, it’s only right that we do it.

"When we say ‘One Family. One Dream.’ we really mean it. A lot of fans were getting in touch, telling us they are struggling to get to away matches because of the lack of trains.

"I want to support our fans whenever I can and encourage as many people as possible to attend matches to support Liam and the boys. The atmosphere in the away end at Birmingham and Wigan was amazing and motivated the team to get the wins in both matches.

"I had so many nice messages from fans who said how much they appreciated the support in getting to the matches, so I made the decision to extend it for the rest of the season.

"I want to support our fans now, because I know in the future when times are better, they will support the club off the field as well as on it.”

14. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

He'll be using the money he gets from flogging Tufan, Estupinan, Sinik et al...:emoticon-0105-wink:

Evington likes this.
  15. Ric Glasgow

:emoticon-0103-cool:

It was a genuine question though Plum and I thought I'd bring it up as U.P brought up the 'where's the money coming' from side of it.

I was more thinking along the lines of...Another 500-1000 away tickets sold,more revenue coming back our way,contributes to bus costs?

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Cracking idea. As for cost, it's an investment, as it will lift the team if they have a good backing from the crowd, which should bring its own rewards.

17. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

We get nothing from the away games. All we can do is charge the home club an admin fee for the tickets we sell.
    Up to the 1980s away clubs got 25% of the gate receipts for away games. Then big clubs, led by Man Utd of course, got it scrapped as they objected to away clubs getting 25% of the receipts from their large crowds whilst they only got 25% of smaller crowds at Watford, QPR, Ipswich etc. Away clubs get a share of the receipts for FA Cup and Carabao Cup games.

petersaxton and Ric Glasgow like this.
  18. Ric Glasgow

I wasn't aware of that Cityzen.I thought we got a 'cut' of away receipts for the travelling away support.

Thanks for clearing that up though,that's all I was looking for:emoticon-0148-yes:

19. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

20. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

Sunderland took 4,5000 to Wigan the previous Thursday night, a greater distance and no free travel. We made more noise though. Things have changed at Sunderland, they used to be a vociferous lot at away games but never known them as quiet as they were at the MKM. Our vocal support at away games has been great, more noise than at home games. That will have been due to all the singers being together. And what was suggested last night? A family area at away games where a section will all be sat down and quiet.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023