1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Frankie on the juice?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by YouCanCallMeJeff, Nov 13, 2012.

1. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Apologies for the sensationalist headline but I couldn't resist, I will ofcourse reserve judgement until further details are released but BBC reporting Frankie has provided a "positive test" at Longchamp.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/horse-racing/20316457

2. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

The hearing is next week. Fallon got 6 months off after his cocaine positive in France. Just as a point of reference y'know ;)

3. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

I guess this all had something to do with him leaving Godolphin, prob decided it was better to leave before word broke out. Hope they don't go ott on him, he has to enjoy himself once on a while.

4. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

He can enjoy himself as much as he likes on his own time, but he simply cannot be allowed to put other riders and horses in danger.

I suspect that the Godolphin split either came about because he offered to go or they told him to. He will have known about this hearing for a good while now, the original positive will have come back within 2 weeks of the race.

5. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

16/10 Frankie tests positive
    21/10 Split announced with Godolphin

I was always a big fan of Frankie and the boys in blue but the UK does not seem Godolphins priority and Frankie maybe better suited freelance.
    IF he can get back into the mode! When was last time he rode a treble??????

6. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

With the benefit of hindsight it was always fairly obvious that the Dettori creature was ‘on something’ and goes some way to explaining his horrifically ‘affected’ behaviour on our racecourses over the years.

Until it is confirmed what caused the ‘positive test’ I don’t think any of us should speculate what it is. Although I bet we all know. One fact though is that in 1993 he was given a ‘police caution’ for possession of Cocaine.

As my regular readers are aware I can not abide the creature but really do hope that he is given help and assistance in kicking the drug once and for all. He certainly is looking at a ban and 6 months out of the saddle though.

7. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

A real shame if Frankie has been on substances.

He is letting the public down massively, but more so himself and his family

He IS a fabulous jockey on his day so hopefully he puts himself right back on the straight and narrow, then enjoys a great twilight of his career a la Mick Kinane.

Has to sort out himself first though, and a season out might be the best thing for him.

8. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

9. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

How embarrassing for his kids. I'd die of shame if I found out my dad was a coke head.

10. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

“I saw Peter Scudamore snap his arm and refuse a Disprin because he didn’t want the contamination in his system for when he returned to riding.

Nails

And people get excited about AP being a hard man.

11. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

Racing Post is reporting the positive as "cocaine or a derivative of it". His lawyers have confirmed that the substance is not performance enhancing, so we are safe to assume something recreational

12. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Very sad news indeed. I have never found him to be a 'horrifically behaved creature' at all, certainly no worse than some fancy trainers who look half-blotto a lot of the time? Always found the word 'recreational', which is often used in these instances, quite extraordinary. Some recreation?

13. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Blimey, quite a judgemental bunch on this forum. Sanctimonious, even. Never heard the expression "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"?

14. Galaxy

Galaxy Member

Hardly worth the headlines, not the first time he's put a bit of bugle up his nose either. I can remember him getting nicked outside Legends in Old Burlington st about 20 years ago regarding class A's.

15. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

I know what your saying is true PN but he may have taken that substance up to two weeks in adavance on a day when he wasn't riding.