1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A #chelseareject called Mohamed Salah !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

There's actually been a progression since August with Salah. At first he'd waste many opportunities and make the wrong decisions about when to shoot. The first goal v West Ham showed more composure and the second was a wonderful display of the same composure mixed with accuracy and power.

He is really gelling with the team and is another weapon for our attack. Teams have been worried about being hit by Liverpool on the break in recent times but the current attack is probably our best since SAS and probably a lot more balanced too in terms of quality of personnel.

Mane and Salah should be managed properly as when they're on the pitch they serve as a major caution for any team looking to exploit our defensive weakness, this deterrent is one of the reasons we haven't conceded more than we already have.

2. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah, i think he's had the opportunity to fill his boots in europe and bring that bounce in his step into the prem.

I agree though. if we get 3 goals up after 60mins taking them off to mind them is good. even we can't lose a 3 goal lead in 30min.... oh wait... bournemouth... erm... but seriously. we need to rest them

3. Salah's-left-foot

Salah's-left-foot Well-Known Member

I guess this is potentially where Ox could be useful. Against Watford earlier in the season we took off Mane and Salah and were left without pace upfront (Origi wasn't doing much that day). That gave them a little more confidence going forward, using their full backs to try and stretch/overload, knowing full well our forwards weren't as much of a threat as earlier in the match.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  4. LuisDiazgamechanger

please log in to view this image

5. LuisDiazgamechanger

'Salah has been absolutely sensational for Liverpool'

Mohamed Salah is already on his way to becoming a fan favourite at Liverpool thanks to the sizeable impact he has made since arriving over the summer.
    That is the view of former Reds defender Gary Gillespie, who admits he did not expect the 25-year-old to prove such a consistent goal threat.
    Salah has netted 12 times and provided four assists in just 17 appearances for the club following his July transfer from Roma.
    And Gillespie has been pleasantly surprised by the Egyptian's impressive figures and seamless adaptation to life at LFC.
    "Since the start of the season he has been absolutely sensational for Liverpool," he told Liverpoolfc.com.
    "He’s got the one thing people hate, and that is pace in abundance [and] I’ve never actually seen him get knocked to the floor or fall over.
    "He’s got 12 goals but he could easily have had 20 because he gets in goalscoring positions on numerous occasions and not quite finishes it.
    "We’ve all been screaming for an out-and-out goalscorer. It comes in an unlikely figure in Mo Salah.
    "I didn't think at the start of the season he would be a 20-goal-a-season man but if he continues the way he is going he could easily get to 20 or 25.
    "There is always one player in the squad the fans idolise and the way Salah has started he could be the one."
    #video_div_LFC_VIDEO_PLAYER iframe, #video_div_LFC_VIDEO_PLAYER object, #video_div_LFC_VIDEO_PLAYER embed, #video_div_LFC_VIDEO_PLAYER video { height: 100%; left: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; width: 100%; } #video_div_container_LFC_VIDEO_PLAYER, #video_div_LFC_VIDEO_PLAYER { height: 0!important; overflow: hidden; padding: 0 0 56.6%; position: relative; }
    please log in to view this image
    Play Now
    Watch: Mohamed Salah puts West Ham to the sword
    The Scot also praised another of Jürgen Klopp's summer signings - deadline-day acquisition Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
    The Englishman struggled for game time in the immediate aftermath of his switch from Arsenal, but played a big part in the two wins that preceded the international break after being handed a starting role.
    Gillespie added: "I think he has done well. He’s had to be patient and bide his time.
    "I think games before the last two when he was coming on from the bench he was making an impact and that is what the manager wants from his substitutes.
    "He’s big, he’s strong and his got pace. He’s good at going past people and puts balls into the box so he thoroughly deserves his place.
    "Sometimes it hard to come to another football club. He’s been at Arsenal for quite a few years and has learnt the Arsenal way and sometimes it takes time to develop yourself and get used to you surroundings.
    "It was two years until I established myself in the first team. I don’t think it will take Oxlade-Chamberlain that long but I can see him getting far more starts now than at the beginning of the season.
    "I think his performances from the last few games certainly warrants a place in the starting XI, but it is certainly a nice headache for the manager to have."
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...has-been-absolutely-sensational-for-liverpool

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  6. astro

astro Well-Known Member

#calledit

7. moreinjuredthanowen

Even if he had only 5 goals everyone had said it before you.. except @Zanjinho

8. astro

astro Well-Known Member

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I said he was a Chelsea reject, he still is a Chelsea reject.

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Chelsea wish they can have him now:laugh:.

Zanjinho and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Possibly. They'd probably prefer KDB though

12. moreinjuredthanowen

13. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Link?

14. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeaaaaahhhh, that's happen :)

As a fellow red you have to take my word on it.

I was posting about Chelsea stealing him the minute it was in the press. We had been linked for a good while and in early December 2013 a sniff of Chelsea interest emerged.

But of course if you need proof or something... well that just reflects on you mate :) <ok>

15. moreinjuredthanowen

Sold for profit so product of Chelsea machine.

Notrejdct, that's merely your attitude showing.

Jimmy Squarefoot and Lucaaas like this.
  16. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

@Zanjinho 100% the most stubborn guy going <laugh>

Skylarker and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  17. moreinjuredthanowen

it will eventually become the endearing way Salah's biggest fan refers to him.

18. LuisDiazgamechanger

Suppose this would satisfy you doubting Thomas.

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea beat Liverpool to sign £11m Basle forward Salah (and Jose knows all about him!)
    • Jose Mourinho signs Basle's Mohamed Salah after hijacking Liverpool's move
    • £11m Salah is dubbed 'the Egyptian Messi'
    • Forward scored twice against Chelsea in Champions League this season
      • Salah tweets to confirm the switch
      • Juan Mata on his way from Chelsea to Manchester United
    By Simon Jones for the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-11m-Basle-forward-Salah-Jose-knows-him.html

19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Doesn't matter how successful a player is after leaving a club, the circumstances in which they left doesn't change.

20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I've already said he's been great so far too.