1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

football manager/ champ stories...

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'm not the only one that enjoys this series of games... What's your best 'story' on these games?

I'm currently playing champ 01/02 (i have later versions but this is by far the best ever) I have every league loaded up, I started as the manager of Gretna in the scottish 3rd division, half way through my first season the Boston Utd job'came up, I applied and got it (i left Gretna 2nd, in the semi final of the scottish league cup and 300k in the green, they started 600k in debt with a board expectation of avoid relegation)

Boston were 12th in january, I went on a winning streak and we snatched 3rd place (auto promotion to the 2nd div) and we won the vans trophy. Then in the 2nd the board said avoid relegation but I had the team around the play off places when aston villa (who had been relegated the year earlier) lost their manager as he went to Chelsea, I applied for the job and got it

I then stormed division 1 winning the title.
    in my first full season I won the league cup and finished 2nd in the premier league and I'm now in my 2nd full season with villa (4th season in total) and I'm top of the prem, in the quarter final of the champions league and still in the Fa cup (6th round replay at Newcastle to come) and to top it off I've just managed to get Steven Gerrard on a bosman

What's your best champ manager/football manager career story?

2. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

I managed Chelsea,spent £50 million on players and finished 4th once and won nothing.

3. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

A while ago but I was Wolves in the Championship. In my first year, finished second to Reading, whose only loses were to me. I made the semi final of the FA Cup ( losing to Liverpool 3-2). Sylvain Ebanks-Blake was my man!!!!! In that year scored 43 goals, 37 in the league and was the Golden boot winner being in the championship!

After being promoted, was given a good surplus of funds which I spent pretty well. Brought in Victor Moses, Rafael Carioca ( was at Cruzeiro I believe now at Spartak Moscow or the other Moscow can't remember the name) DM who at the time was a lot like Ramires in his build and play. I also brought in......... Mauro Zarate for 9 mil!

These buys proved pivotal as my defense was OK but not really anything spectacular and player such as Jarvis, Kightly, and Jones needed to be shipped. I managed to stay up, actually got 10th, but was knocked out of the cups fairly sharp. * Weirdest game of the season and proof of a sometimes you need reminding it is a game..... was up 3-0 on Arsenal!....lost 10-3! Adebayor had 6 and Van Persie had 4.... I was winning 3-0 at half, I am not sure what happened to this day.

THe next season, I brought in some good reinforcements. I got Keirrison from Palmeiras, brought in another brazilian outside back from Almeria, and got Henri Saivet a young up and coming french AM ( I know loads of attacking palyers but that was my style, out with the old and in with the new apart from Ebanks-Blake), and some old Eastern European that I cannot remember for the life of me ( He was a monster but slow, so paired him with a pacy back).

That season I got 6th, enough for Europe, had a solid team with just a few tweaks to be made here and there, was one of the top 25 richest clubs in the world in terms of profit, had my stadium renovated........ and got a virus that completely wiped out my computer...... needless to say I was gutted.

4. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

i managed wycome got thumped five nil and told the lads they done great ..... got sacked the next day the game needs a sarcy button