1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football Manager 2011

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by HOADIE_BOI, Jun 24, 2011.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Anyone else on here have this game and would like to talk about it, talk here, This is a great game and I have got addicted to it again and that is all I am doing once home from work, This weekend is going to be football manager weekend.

2. TheBatchinator

I got Gills into the premier League and kept them up, took me so long haha love the game.

3. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I like it, got AFC Wimbledon to the championship but got fired for finishing 21st <laugh>

It's so gay I did a lot for them, they should of been happy <laugh>

4. CanterburyGill

I am still playing footy manager 2009. I really don't like the new ones. Too complicated.

5. Livo

Livo Member

just win the triple with gills in 2023 - champions league, fa cup and league cup!
    more than 100 hours well spent!!

6. Carras_Prodigy

got forest green into BSP playoffs despite pre-season expectations being 23rd/24th. but then got fired for applying for another job. such an ungrateful board

7. HOADIE_BOI

I have just restarted as I have a new laptop, still in first season started 3 days ago 3rd in league 2 with only 8 Games to go so nearly done what I wanted to do.

8. Harrygillz

Harrygillz Member

I have wasted 110 hours of my life on fm 2010!! Such an addictive game, Ebbsfleet to the championship is my best achievement but i was sacked after being relegated by a point which was a bit of a joke! I always find Gillinghams squad really bad on the game but with really high expectations, so quite realistic all in all..

9. gills4prem

gills4prem Active Member

I cant stand that game way to complicated.. i love footie manager games of old... my fav on the ball... had a sense of humour when i first played we had a newspaper report saying that the whole team died in an air crash..... hahaha... also a fan of ultimate soccer manager 98... played that the other day...

I also loved fml live shame it finished..

10. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

i got wycombe to the prem and col u and ars..nal to the blue square.............<laugh><laugh><laugh>

11. Griffinho

Griffinho New Member

Gills as Champions League and Premier League champions in 2021 and 2022! Top signing Romelu Lakuku on a free from Anderlecht. Voted world player of the year. And he's linked with Chelsea in the real world.

12. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah you know, I have to bring in many new players to get us better as I do well bad otherwise, But I have got some good players in my team
    I got Somma from Leeds for free which is great and also have Adam LeFondre, but we concede loads as the Goalkeeper is past it, old Warner, I have Fresi in defence 37 and great, still have Lawrence he is great, Mee on loan from Man City, Some irish 31 year old at rb, Barcham, Zarate 37 years old 7 goals in 23 games, gets injured a lot, McEaren from Chelsea, Kedwell up front with the other 2 and on the bench I have Birchall and Magno Viera with a few others, King ofcorse in reserves with others as they are injured for 7 months when you start.

13. HOADIE_BOI

I think the reason sometimes I do bad is my tactics to change a lot and if it goes bad to make an instant change as it is not often that I name an unchanged team, but I will get into the game and hope that I do well.

14. thegillsfan

thegillsfan Member

I'm in my fourth season with the Gills. (2013) Lost in playoffs semi final first season, got promoted the second. Was so like real life it was scary first season! Cody mac got all the goals next person managed about 10!! 1st season in league one i some how made the playoffs but lost in the final to Swansea. Currently played 3 games and won all 3, sitting second.

Squad includes players like, Piquionne and Sears, Wagstaff, Hulse, Pittman. Basic aim to find good youngsters and get experienced quality on loan and on frees.
    A tip... use your assistant managers rating of the players before you sign by having them on trial first. They are not usually wrong!!
    UTG!!

15. HOADIE_BOI

IM in my first season now on game 43 so worried as it is a hard end, Got to do it, Im now first 1 point lead but as I am gills we may bottle it but hopefully we should at least be promoted with 3 or 4 more points out of 9 but I would love to win the league but 2nd play 3rd.
    I will get back to the game now, Just hope I can do it, then the fun starts as I will need a very good team for League 1 as mine does have a few good ones, But I like changes.

16. HOADIE_BOI

I have sold many of the original players, They will leave in like june and the others which did not sell which I chose not to keep will leave free, Cronin and a few others are the ones going free,
    One thing I have to say is Cody Mac has been dreadful for me all season, only got his first goal in the 43rd game of the season and I had started him in 14 games. Bayo has not been great either.

17. HOADIE_BOI

I managed to finish 1st so I am so proud, beating top of the league 3 games to the end put me top and I ended the season 9 unbeaten.
    Now in League 1 only played 2 games, one league one cup and lost both so I think it will be a hard season for me now.

18. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

My best achievements are getting Brizzle from League 1 into the Championship and Leicester from the Championship into the Prem. Can't seem to play as Leeds for some reason though.

19. HOADIE_BOI

OK

20. HOADIE_BOI

I have now officially got bored of the game for a bit after playing it for at least 8 hours each day since Tuesday.
    Have to spend a few days off it now I think, I have got gills in 12th 10 Games in so not bad, aslong as I stay up that is good and that is what they want me to do so I will do it.