1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football earatage

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING, Mar 16, 2018.

1. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

what the f*ck was the special cvnt actually saying? He's lost it. Fahkt....

organic red and Page_Moss_Kopite like this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Try google translate, English to Scouse <ok>

3. gav81

gav81 Active Member

He was saying United's poor Champions League heritage in recent seasons is the reason we went out at the last 16. We know that's bollocks, because if recent heritage came into it then Liverpool would have been out in the Europa last 32.

HRH Custard VC and glazerfodder like this.
  4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Total bollocks, he pointed out that it's not the first time it's happened (even with better teams) and certainly won't be the last.
    In other words, nothing to piss your knickers over.

5. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

And he used Fahkts to try to prove this. He lost it. Rafa style <laugh>

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He didn't lose it at all, a lot what he said was actually very true.

It still does not justify Tuesday night, or the whole approach to Sevilla over both legs. It was disgraceful.

And if he's going to bang on about heritage, why isn't he linking our current 'style' of play to it? Why not say he's working on that?

Diego and Stan like this.
  7. Stan

Stan Stalker

He’s tiresome. He’s always been a ****.

8. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

Personally never liked mourinho and didn't want him as our manager and have said it on numerous occasions

Having watched the uncut interview last night, having heard people going on about it, I don't get the desperate laughter from our rivals

I thought he made sense and was bang on

Diego likes this.
  9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The man chose the wrong word, like Firmino his first language is Portuguese so he didn't do too bad considering.
    He was talking about what he inherited which is a different thing altogether. He was right when he said the team he inherited had been poor in the league for 3 years and in Europe much longer where as Pep inherited a team that had consistently been in the top 4 for a few years and were more experienced in Europe with a solid core who knew each other that are still there.
    He started with a team who had been decimated then added too by different managers with poor tactics and methods, he has had to re-build the squad and now they have to learn to play together in an effective way.
    Everything he said made perfect sense if you take the word "heritage" as he meant it.

thefanwithnoname likes this.
  10. thefanwithnoname

Yeah just watched it again on mutv with my son, who hadn't seen it and we came to the same conclusion

Lost in translation is an issue with many a foreign manager and Jose is no different

Have to say, and I said already wasn't a fan of his, the more I listen to it the more it makes sense.

11. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Yeah I'm not bothered by rival banter, but there's also a lot of criticism from within our own fanbase.

I'm prepared to give benefit of the doubt. What word(s) should we be replacing with other word(s)? Replace "heritage" with "players", "record", "history"?

This is Jose's own definition of "heritage": -

“In seven years, with four different managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter-final. This is football heritage.”​

Do you agree with that?

12. thefanwithnoname

As I understood that, yeah I agree with it. I think here he is on about what he inherited.

Maybe my view on it is what it is because I have been saying for a long time that SAF left the next manager with a lot to do.

Diego likes this.
  13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Which is fine, except there were two managers between him and Ferguson.

van Gaal ****ed United up the arse and way too many people fell for it.

It wasn't Ferguson.

14. thefanwithnoname

Don't get me wrong Moyes was/is the main culprit for getting rid of all the leaders we had. I genuinely think LVG and mourinho under estimated the job. And I don't think its just players its that mentality

Where I have a gripe against SAF is that in the end he was about the here and now rather than building another squad and leaving the next manager with more than a cleverly and aging players.

Mourinho is absolutely bang on about player mentality and I think that's the hardest thing to instill

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Ferguson was managing the Glazers budget, or lack of it.

Nothing to do with it being the here and now, otherwise why did he suddenly change the way he'd operated for twenty years coincidentally just as the Glazers raped the club?

danishqp likes this.
  16. thefanwithnoname

Personally think it was to go.out on a win

Glazers haven't shied away from investment overall imo

17. gav81

gav81 Active Member

So assuming we were ok with Mourinho throwing the club "heritage" under the bus (however we translate it), even during Ferguson's time...

How does that deflect from the defensive **** show against Sevilla that was a result of his own negative tactics?

The whole "heritage" issue seems to be smoke and mirrors in a selfish attempt to defend his personal reputation/excuse his failure.

18. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I'm not sure - I don't much like the ownership model with the club financing so much debt, but Ferguson said he was never denied funds by the Glazers.

thefanwithnoname likes this.
  19. thefanwithnoname

I do have an opinion on this, which I have held since LVG days.

In a nutshell the way we play is dictated by what we have in the squad and we have been playing catch up and desperately plugging gaps. Players like di maria and matic are evidence of this for me

I don't think.its a coincidence that both LVG and mourinho have tried to use similar tactics, basically defend and hit on the break.

That said I still.don't see much wrong in what mourinho said at the interview and I am not a fan of his

Diego likes this.
  20. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I think Moyes is more to blame than people think - it wasn't that he just walked through the door and immediately looked out of his depth, it was the damage he did behind the scenes that has caused us such momentous problems in recent years. He completely dismantled the most successful and well-regarded back-room teas in PL history. A new manager, any manager can only do so much - it is down to the relationship between the backroom staff and the players to successfully implement new tactical changes, new training regimes.

When Moyes got rid of Mike Phelan, Rene and the rest of the staff and replaced them with second rate muppets from Everton he lost the respect of the players, or rather, the playing squad had no respect for coaching staff who had no experience of anything more than mid-table PL football and the odd, unsuccessful foray into the early stages of the Europa league. That is the moment our club went into decline and it was Moyes pitiful legacy that LVG inherited. It could even be argued that he could only play the dispirited players that he found waiting on the training ground, perhaps the fight had been sucked out of the squad by then.

In that context I think it fair to give JM more credit than he gets for re-invigorating the squad. Like any group that has become listless and leaderless it takes time to rebuild individual and collective confidence within the squad. Look at Fellaini and Young as classic examples. I don't accept that it is his default style to 'park the bus', but rather, he has to make pragmatic choices given some of the poor talent that we have within the squad. had he taken over a good team we would be even better, I have no doubt about it, the trouble is that he didn't - and it is sometimes too easy to forget that point