1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FM 2012 Demo - Back of the Net!

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by The Kish, Oct 9, 2011.

1. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

You can now download the new FM 2012 Demo off of the FM website - Apparently you can then continue the demo game when you buy the real thing!

I'm downloading it now... I may have to miss Downton tonight!

2. jonathan acworth

jonathan acworth Active Member

where can u buy laptop games hmv dont seem to stock em bloddy annoying want this game!

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Noooooooooooooooooo - I'm at the gf's house tonight and don't have my macbook. How can I go 24 hours not playing this game?

Kish- could you possibly let us know what some of the player stats are like? I'm looking to see how they rate Stephens in particular.

4. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

JA - The PC version works on laptops, you'll be able to get it anywhere when it comes out...

Super - Literally just looked at it.

Media Prediction is 3rd, Board insist on promotion and allow a £200k budget with £75k on wages.

Alex Dyer picks out Mikel Alonso as our star player.

Just looked at the assistants ratings of the squad - Stevens and Solly come out very well of it, Hayes looks good too. Of the reserves and yoof, Bover has decent stats.

Our squad is huge too.

Now you may not here from me for a while...

5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

200k- wow, we haven't had that much in years. Should be able to get a decent European player for that.

6. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

I am wetting myself with excitement.

Just deciding which team to use takes me the best part of a day.

7. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

The FM series are dangerously addictive, I hardly dare to even think about playing them any more.

8. JapanAddick

JapanAddick Member

The game is massivley unrealistic. Says Doherty and Hughes are decent players.

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

How have they rated green and wagstaff? Now FM is out, CP will have no problems with team selection going forward!

10. haysey addick

haysey addick Member

...so tempted to try this but have a feeling my netbook might blow up <yikes> plus I can't manage to save life!

11. jonathan acworth

doc and hughes decent obviously the producer hasnt seen them play this season ?

12. jonathan acworth

i getting used to fifa now ive taken charlton on a 15 game unbeaten run winning 6-1 three times in a row recommend people try popo and cousens getting 6 80 every game popo up to 9 goals now

13. jonathan acworth

who have you brought on fifa ive brought in schumacker,oakley,howard,edmondson and e sodge

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

JA- instead of multiple posting, look at the grey area under any of your posts. Do you see the ''edit post'' option? Click that anytime and add further thoughts to the one, original post. Please.

15. CAFC TED

CAFC TED Well-Known Member

Anyone noticed that Darren Bent is apparently a Charlton Icon on this new game and Keith Peacock isn't a legend?

Surely Bent should be favoured personnel and Peacock a legend?

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Just got in- download started, 14minutes and I'll be playing! Any recommended signings?

17. jeffers'ears

jeffers'ears Member

downloading it now, haven't been so excited since the start of the season!

18. Scoham

Scoham Member

I'm the Charlton researcher for FM (unfortunately it's not a job though...!), always interesting to get some feedback on the data.

The ratings are based on last season, so the S****horpe researcher rated Hughes. As he only played for them for half a season he probably wasn't changed too much from his ratings when he was at Leeds.

There are also hidden attributes like consistency, which means inconsistent players won't perform to their attributes very often.

Fair point, though I'm sure every Charlton fan would have a different opinion on who should be on the list and in which order. The legends/icons/favoured personnel are rated out of 20, along with a permanent/not permanent setting (so they are always on the list/or decline over time). 20/20 and permanent are legends, 10-19 and permanent I think are icons and favoured personnel are non-permanent with a fairly high rating.

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Welcome scoham. As a massive FM fan, I have thousands of questions running through my head to ask, but as am on the mobile and don't fancy typing an essay, I'll ask one. How do you guys rate players in league one who you know are good enough for the prem? The stats always seem very low, even for the more talented players. A random example, Anthony pilkington.

Do FM have very stricken rules regarding this?

20. Scoham

Scoham Member

Not strict rules, but there are guidelines for each league and the clubs position in that league. Players have overall ability and potential ratings. Younger players have random potential within a range. The guidelines overlap, so for example someone like Anyinsah used properly might offer something to a poor Champ side, while in League 2 he'd be among the better players.

League 1 players like Pilkington that haven't played in the Championship aren't going to be rated too highly until they prove themselves at the higher level. Of course they can still have good potential giving them room to develop in game.