1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

first ever visit!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Dec 5, 2018.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Made my first ever visit to that other "forum" to see what it was all about … the first impression was it has a lot of negativity … a lot being an understatement .. noted a couple of our old posters are on there and was particularly struck by a comment from some one who resides about 40 miles up the M4 about winning our next few games "scrappily" to go into play offs and "p off ? " the LJ haters … and there does seem to be rather a lot of them .. Think my next visit will be in a decade or 2 ….lol i would drown in the negativity if that was the only choice... thank goodness for not606 …….

PS there are a few good post on there / posters so not all on the - side

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

You must mean me, but you misquoted me JGF; the actual transcript is cut and pasted below for clarity:

We’ll get maximum points from scrappy awful games with all our goals coming from own goals and lucky deflections, and we’ll crash the playoffs- just to keep the LJ In/out debate alive and kicking - and to bemuse the hell out of the fans of other clubs.

I didn’t target the ‘haters’, more the debate itself.
    The whole thing was tongue-in-cheek - but you are right; that forum is depressing at times - especially after a defeat.

3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I'll stick to this site thank you - I think overall we have a reasonable debate and respect differing opinions

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

As bad as parts of it are, I'm kind of proud of how active OTIB is, easily one of the biggest football club forums on the Internet.

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I like the match day threads on there, plus I like the bickering after matches.
    Also what is good is the transfer section during transfer window. It’s starting to get going now ready for it. Some of them are complete rubbish but some of them break before the post get whiff.

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yep exactly. It's not too dissimilar to Twitter in that respect. Lots of crap but if you get a good eye and find some reputable accounts you can get some genuine scoops on there.

7. RedorDead

I see you’ve made a friend on there <laugh> <laugh>

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Strange - that person seems to follow me around in a cyber sense!
    There are many, far more vociferous supporters of LJ over there than me - and I’ve made it as plain as I can that my support for him is conditional and not without it’s limits, yet he singles me out for particular criticism.

9. RedorDead

I don’t know him/her as I only see him / her on there, but I thought he / she had some sort of gripe with you.