1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

finally TIME TO MYSELF

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, May 2, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

WASHING, UNPACKING STOWING AWAY, takes a whole day, at last 2110 took the opportunity to look at the table.....
    15 Wolves 45 .................. -5 55
    16Ipswich 45 ................. -7 55
    17Bristol City 45 ............ -5 54
    18QPR 45 ..................... -10 53
    19Burton 45 ..................-12 52
    20Birmingham 45 .........-20 50
    21Nottm Forest 45 ..........-13 48
    22 Blackburn 45 ............-14 48
    23 Wigan 45 ..................-17 41
    24 Rotherham 45 ..........-58 22
    54 points in bag and 57 max and our best finish might be 15th on 57 points...middle of the table!

I am one of the very few that have allowed the scenario to be played out, "was I at anytime in any doubt we would be relegated?" NO, was I in doubt about Lee's ability? a NO would be close to a lie, but even at the worst point I wanted to see the end result [ ** ] and give him a chance
    Did I have faith in SL ..YES.. the whole way through, what he said, when he said it and his belief in "finally sticking with the plan" was to be supported [ ** ] he stated in midst of the bad spell Lee would likely be starting next season, such support can only have a positive effect, I know we see it all the time board supports manager, 5 mins later he is out the door, but SL's conviction of what he said was pretty firm.

The human race is truly a strange breed, some are clouded with red mists, not a PUN, or impatience, herd instincts, short term outlooks or bigger picture, stubborn attitudes or an apparent "couldn't care less mode, or calm collectiveness" that's what makes us so interesting, without the mix what a boring old world we would live in!
    There was quite a bit in a lot of the very useful posts WIZ put up, thanks for doing that, I either agreed with or may have had issues with .. mostly Lee comments or SL,.As for the EP articles I thought a lot of it was simply attention seeking and glorification to enhance the author based on tenuous threads of information designed to attract readers.

the plan was to use 3 windows to set up a team, stick with the plan and see it out... we have and we survived, next season? WELL WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE......................................

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Indeed.

Junior will get his wish of 3 transfer windows, and the owner thinks he's backed a winner.

A lot on here are unconvinced by one or the other or both.

Owners, Managers and players come and go.

Time will be the only winner.