1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Finally beat Arsene

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BigFox, May 9, 2018.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We have finally beat Arsene and still denied Arsenal an away point in 2018.

Apparently the sending off was one you could give one way or the other and the penalty was soft but a win is a win.

Jakupovic started for the first time and apparently he was solid which is good to hear as even though Arsenal were down to 10 men, they gave out defense a hard time - Dragovic only came on off the bench following an injury to Simpson at the death.

Could be the last time we see Mahrez at the KP Stadium as well - capped the game off with a trademark goal.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Cracks papered over ?
    Discuss!

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

This is what I’ve said. I could never be unhappy at a win and especially breaking the duck against Arsenal. However if we are going to go back to the same **** and it is a one off then it may have been beneficial to see out the season in horrific fashion and see change enforced. Hopefully the owners have seen enough previously to see change is needed (players as much as manager)

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

What a great game. 11 v 10 certainly made it open and entertaining and credit to Arsenal for trying to win the game. Thought there a few subdued reactions especially when we scored all goals as maybe they know a few will leave. Realistically probably the last home game from Mahrez and possibly 2 or 3 of the back line. What an amazing player Mahrez has been but that will be for a different thread if/when he goes. I know several Arse supporters and finally I can say to them - what a bunch of easy beats. Finally, hugely impressed with Choudhry, brilliant game.

5. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Puel still has to go. 1 swallow doesnt make a summer

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

A fine team performance ... and how good did we look going forward?

If that is to be Riyad Mahrez's farewell appearance at the King Power in a Leicester City shirt, then the exquisite finish was a timely reminder of the mercurial talent that we have been privileged to watch over the years <cheers>

7. JohnTheFox

I’m reading comments that Puel looked unhappy even though I didn’t see this myself. Did anyone else see this?

8. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I don't think he does 'looking happy'.

9. JohnTheFox

As in frowning when we were leading etc. I know he’s not a happy looking guy but it seems a number of people saw him looking particularly unhappy on the best day we’ve had in ages. Like I say, I didn’t see it. Suggestions he knows he gone or worrying genuinely didn’t enjoy the performance as much as us as fans did