1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

North Ferriby have undone one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Nov 22, 2017.

1. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

Saw Ferriby got beat 6-0 by Darlington recently....
    which made me go off on a tangent and wonder what the **** happened to that massive ground Darlo moved to from Feethams.
    I know we have some clusterfuck owners, but a 25,000 capacity for Darlington???
    It turns out they are now sharing a small rugby union stadium, and a larger RU team have moved into the Darlo Arena.

The old Feethams ground was always a great away day.
    I once hit a copper in the face there (whilst swaying through beer) when a wasp was circling around my head with the coppers in close attendance.
    To be fair, he was fine about it, imagine what our plod would have done.
    "Yep, I saw the wasp, on your way son".
    Sigh...happier days. Then we lost our giant Rexel inflatable pencil on top of the turnstiles trying to throw it over.

GLP and Tickton Tiger. like this.
  2. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

I think he’s clueless full stop.

Worst thing to happen to NFU was Les slinging his hook, closely followed by this clown taking over.

He’s got his own agenda and it’s blatantly clear was it is.

Allam mk2.

nbetiger, GLP, Pat E O'Dors and 5 others like this.
  3. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I was there for a Christmas game v City and could only get a ticket for the home stand. I was surrounded by nutters who clocked me straight away. I had all the throat cutting gestures, threats and the usual. Then mid way through the second half the floodlights failed completely so I nipped over the perimeter fence sharpish, walked across the pitch and climbed into the City stand on the opposite side of the ground, totally oblivious to the Darlo nutters who were searching for me in the other stand. 0-0 draw. Quaint little ground though and always a good away trip.

SimonGraysJacket and nbetiger like this.
  4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I've still got a handful of Hull United passes. I'm going to be quids in when they get to the prem. <ok>

5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think they stopped being valid even before it all went tits up. For some reason the league had a real issue with free entry and wanted to force every club to charge something. How weird is that?

ImperialTiger and nbetiger like this.
  6. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Because they take a commission of ticket revenue. It's really not that weird at all.

nbetiger and Mr Hatem like this.
  7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I guess. It just seems like the wrong way around; a league telling a club to be more expensive for supporters. Maybe they reckon clubs would use it to get 'donations' instead which the league doesn't get a cut of.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It seems Jamie Waltham has been refused permission to move NFU out of Ferriby.

9. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Where's this welcome news come from OLM?

10. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Rick‏ @HullCityLive
    A night spent listening to Jamie Waltham is a night lost. Still, Ferriby stay in Ferriby so that's good. What next? God knows.

11. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

I see Rick said he'd rather listen to Ehab than Waltham. Waltham must be a reet **** then.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I don't think he's anywhere near Ehab's level of ****itude, but he's certainly mental.

13. Pat E O'Dors

Pat E O'Dors Well-Known Member

Judging by what I have read about him Walt he is.

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Ferriby staying put but the future remains uncertain
    April 16, 2018 FanaticHull Featured, Football, North Ferriby United 0

please log in to view this image

After a meeting held in the North Ferriby United clubhouse on Monday night it appears that the club will not be moving to Dunswell after all.

Owner Jamie Waltham was quizzed by fans about his plans for the club and his proposal to the FA to move the club to Dunswell for next season and beyond.

Waltham made it clear when he acquired Ferriby from the Forsters that he intended to relocate the club to Dene Park in Dunswell as he felt the club wasn’t wanted by the village and that he could increase the fan base in Dunswell. That was met with criticism from many Ferriby fans and it certainly would not have been popular if it happened.

Waltham stated that Dene park would require 30 extra seats and new turnstiles in order to meet Evo Stik League standards and these improvements, along with a complete re-brand of the club would be required in order for the FA to ratify the move.

A healthy crowd filled the clubhouse and a vote was held on the proposal to move the club. The supporters unanimously voted to keep the club in Ferriby. The owners response was to effectively hand control to the fans of the club as he has stated that a further meeting will be held on May 1st to decide on the future ownership structure of the club. Fans have been invited to come back to the next meeting with their ideas as to how the club should be run going forward.

It is not surprising to see this move from Waltham as his vision for the club appears to be the complete opposite to the vast majority of the fanbase. This may be hinting towards the club becoming fan owned in the near future but whether or not that would be sustainable at Evo Stik level remains to be seen.

Waltham also told the audience that the club is now financially sustainable as he has reduced the wage bill significantly since his arrival meaning the club now pay approximately £1600 a week in wages.

Overall it seems that the meeting was a victory for the fans of North Ferriby United who have made it perfectly clear that they do not want to see the club move away from Church Road. The next meeting in May is sure to be an interesting one where the future of the club may become more clear.

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Rick‏ @HullCityLive
    Costs are currently £1600 a week according to JW. If you make that £2k for the 40 weeks or so of the season, need at least £80k. Season tickets/prestige friendlies can bring in £60-70k in the summer. So it's doable. Though JW has agreed deal where some revenue goes to prev owners.

SimonGraysJacket likes this.
  16. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

Might have a wander down there next season, seeing as I've cancelled my membership for Hull Tigers.
    Wonder if I can blag my way in with my Hull United card...hmmmm.....

17. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

Good.

18. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

So does that mean the gate revenue plus clubhouse income roughly pays for the upkeep of Church Road?

19. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

As a quick fag packet calculation. Average gate of 400 @£10 per ticket for 20 games = £80k income.

20. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

I used to like it too - went a few times.

I remember in an FA Cup match with just a fence separating the fans, getting pelted with coins, spat at (remember seeing a ripe old piece of green phlegm skid across the gelled hair of the kid on the step below me) all sorts - it was great.

Also, around the late 90s, it was the first football ground where I got told that I couldn't smoke in the ground by a steward - utterly shocked.