1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

North Ferriby have undone one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Leeds v Hunslet, local derby record crowd 54,000. FC v Rovers record crowd 28,000. One similarity, both played at the ground of the local football club.

bum_chinned_crab likes this.
  2. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I have man flu and had the ****s on Sunday and Monday so I got the Imodium. Now haven't had a crap for three days. That can't be healthy :emoticon-0107-sweat

3. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

I played quite a bit of cricket and football for and against Beverley-based teams, and I dare say that sorting something at Norwood or even Hodgsons (near the leisure centre) would have been doable if anyone ever had the inclination. Evidently they didn't. Maybe, as Mister Slush says, there is something a-brewing.

Oh - and count me out for any Featherstone Rovers appreciation thread. I got stuck in the Featherstone end in the Challenge Cup final in 1983. In spite of me only being 9, I was subject to numerous kicks and punches along with the rest of our group (by no means shrinking violets - a group of hard-drinking blokes form North Hull Estate). Whenever any pious RL fan would talk about rampant football hooliganism and the 'family sport' of rugby league, I often ponder that, in spite of my attending hundreds upon hundreds of football games, the three worst bits of violence I've seen are all RL-based.

Mister Slush likes this.
  4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Spot on.

Also, Hull United started up around the time the Allams started 'been ****'. Almost everyone who went was getting away from City and making up for the lack of football in their life. It was a unique opportunity at the time and I think it's unlikely to be supported in such numbers again, particularly after how it turned sour last time.

Newland Tiger and RichardG like this.
  5. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

They were City fans, they raided the Featherstone club shop the night before.

AlRawdah, ImperialTiger and RichardG like this.
  6. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

As the HDM comments page often published, I think you'll find that the majority of rugby violence was caused by Hull City infiltrators camouflaged as FC fans - the **** from Skidby had the evidence I believe.

RichardG likes this.
  7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I prescribe Guinness

Kempton likes this.
  8. Barchullona

E-mail or tweet that into one of the rugby league love ins on RH Sports Talk and it won't get read out.

Listened to it the night we played Leeds and the main guest was some bloke who had played a lot of games for Rovers. It was 6.45 before City got mentioned. Of course a favourite memory was 1980. And surprise, surprise, what a lovely, friendly occasion it was when football fans necessitated heavy policing and segregation. My e-mail asking if they would have a football guest on talking about football until 6.45 on an evening when Hull or Rovers had a big game was, needless to say, not read out.

9. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

I can't pretend I listen to too much Radio Humberside these days, living away from East Yorkshire, but from what I can glean the balance is much better than it used to be. In the 1980s it was nigh on pointless trying to get anything football-related on there beyond the basics. In the 1990s, even though the rugby clubs struggling a bit, Dave Gibbins saw to it that City came behind FC, KR and his beloved Arsenal when it came to the station's priorities. It was only when Burnsy came back that the balance was in any way redressed.

I do actually enjoy rugby league as a sport, but I've found it much easier to enjoy since I moved away from Hull and I don't have to encounter rugby league fans - with their superiority and inferiority complexes running concurrently at all times - explaining to me how everything is right about their sport and everything is wrong about the sports I follow, it's just that everyone has it in for them and that's what's preventing RL's world domination. Coming from a RL family I was a Boulevard regular from about 1980 to 1985, and then attended sporadically for the next seven or eight years. There was always trouble at the derbies, and when Hull played Warrington. You'd often get it in the finals too, be it Yorkshire Cup or the Challenge Cup. That time against Featherstone was the scariest though.

Mister Slush likes this.
  10. mistermc

mistermc Active Member

JW on humberside now

11. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Told you this would happen. I ****ing told you. Over Patty’s dead body.

12. Barchullona

Used to go to rugby games when I lived in Hull (sndcspeesway). Always had a lot of respect for rugby players.
    But that altered after the Brentford game as far as their fans go. And the attitude of a lot of rugby fans in Hull who sneer at City and who sùport clubs from other cities has done nothing to improve feelings since.
    Taking of Dave Gibbins, after the tearing down the posts incident at Huddersfield I was listening to him when some kid rang in saying he had heard that City fans had broken in and stolen 75 FC shirts and it was those people who were responsible for the trouble. First-time that came up I think. Gibbins said, yes, that sounds plausible.I called up and said presumably FC would have a crime number as the value of 75 shirts was quite a sum and they would need it for the insurance claim. Perhaps he could check with them to verify it before slurring Hull City fans. Couldn't get me off quick enough. A Leeds RL fan completely destroyed the argument. He rang up to say that they must have been planning it a long-time if that is the case as there were people on the pitch wearing shirts from the previous 5 or 6 seasons.

13. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It's shocking that a presenter could spout that rubbish.

14. Barchullona

Yes. I was working shifts at the time and a poster on here rang me up as he couldn't get through and was busy at work so would I ring. Easier getting on then than now actually. They screen it now and block people more, a bit like the HDM.

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

DaveSpencer and kirkellatiger like this.
  16. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

He comes off a grade A prick trying to be a clever dick. Is there some kind of school for that in the Hull area, we seems infested with these types.

Never trust a man that shaves his head. Lesson for life there.

17. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    dennisboothstash likes this.
  18. kirkellatiger

kirkellatiger Well-Known Member

Relegated tonight with 7 games left of the season. What a mess....

19. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I never doubted that they would be relegated, hopefully they can play in the Northern Premier League next year. This mooted move is ridiculous. I hate to be the guy that told you so. But. Well. I told you so. The guy is clueless about what local football is all about. He could easily get Ferriby playing in the league below and enjoy a decent cup run to generate income. Moving them to Dunswell isn't going to generate any extra fans and is going to alienate the fans that are already loyal to the club (all 400 odd of them).

20. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Dunswell tigers.

I like it, think I'll get a season ticket.