1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Favourite piece of commentary.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by KingPepeReina., Mar 22, 2011.

1. KingPepeReina.

KingPepeReina. Active Member

I was wondering what some of the Liverpool fans favourite piece of commentary over the years is.
    Here are some of my favourites.
    ''Carragher trying to stay cool,Mellor cushion header to GERRARD!!!!!.....Oh you beauty!!!! What a hit son,what a hit''.
    Andy Gray and Martin Tyler.
    ''Molby, his vision there was lovely''.
    John Motson.
    ''Yes!!,The player managers scores the goal that edges Liverpool nearer to their 16th championshp''
    John Motson.
    ''Riise,Goodness gracious me,its a wonder the goal is still standing''.
    Martin Tyler.
    ''Take a bow son,take a bow,you're simply immense''.
    Andy Gray.
    ''This game is well and truely over''.Andy Gray Istanbul 2005.
    ''Its ended, The European Cup is returning to England and to Anfield,and this time its for keeps,Liverpool are European Champions.''
    Clive Tyldsley.
    ''Collymore closing innnnnnn,Kevin Keegan hangs his head he's devastated''
    Martin Tyler.
    ''And Newcastle have been undressed,stripped naked''
    David Coleman.

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I'm sure there a some good ones of any of Xabi's long range efforts.... Can't think of it off the top of my head though.

3. KingPepeReina.

He only had two long range efforts,so should be easy to remember.
    1.Vs Luton FA Cup 2005/2006.

2.Vs Newcastle Prem 2006/2007.

4. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

He's had more than 2 - I remember he did one from our half on a European night.

5. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

He had loads of attempts as well... reason why that one bloke, made 25,000 off that Luton goal as he saw Alonso try these long speculative efforts! Poor Steve harper haha!

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

GERRARD!!!!!.....Oh you beauty!!!!

This was changed by Sky for a while at the start of one of the shows so that it had Man Utd footage and it changed to.

FLETCHER!!!!!.....Oh you beauty!!!!

Anyone remember that?

I hope someone does remember or i'm going to look like a right trouble maker with the Man Utd fans on the forums. :tongue:

7. KingPepeReina.

I don't remember Darren Fletcher scoring a screamer.

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Wasn't a screamer in the footage, but the audio was the same audio from the Gerrard goal.

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't remember the Sky footage. But I do remember the goal.

[video=dailymotion;xb8lun]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb8lun_spectacular-goal-by-darren-fletcher_sport[/video]

Bosh. Knowing Fletcher, he was probably trying to lay it off...

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

So did Andy Gray say the same thing at the time of the goal? i.e. You Beauty!! or did sky mix up footage and audio?

Must be another Liverpool fan that remembers this as it really got on my nerves!

11. KingPepeReina.

Unless Andy Gray sounds mexican,where is the Andy Gray footage.?

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not a clue. Andy Gray does seem to say "you beauty" a lot. Often when talking about female assistants. So he may well have said the same words for Fletcher's goal. Although I think the game was on Setanta so Andy Gray may not even have commentated.

It's also quite possible that Sky did mix up the footage, just to confuse us all! I don't remember Fletcher scoring many other screamers in his career...

13. KingPepeReina.

Swarbs.
    I think thats something else we agree on.

14. crazyhorsealegend

seaman comes!!!!!!!

15. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Wasn't that Alan Green after Milan's 2nd goal?

"Well won by Callaghan. Plenty of players forward here, Liverpool. That's nice, that's McDemott AND THAT'S A GOAL!"

"Case and Keegan in the box, Kennedy, Smith and Joey Jones outside....OH YES! And what a delighted scorer! It's Tommy Smth! Look at it again! Oh, what an end to a career!"

"Keegan...fouled but he's going on...is that a penalty? YES! It deserved it because it was such a good run. He left Vogts, who bit at him and bit at him and bit too hard and it's a penalty. So Phillip Neal, who's scored ten times from the spot this season, twice in the European Cup, has the chance to make sure that the European Cup comes back to Britain, comes to Liverpool for the first time..Neal against Kneib...and with such simplicity the European Cup surely is won."

16. KingPepeReina.

Muppetfinder.
    Look it up on youtube.
    It was Andy Gray after Crespos second goal to make it 3-0.Ancellotti must have heard him because he thought the game was over at half time....However he thought wrong.
    Theres also another video on youtube you'll find interesting...Its part of the ''15 minutes that shook the world''.Its Everton fans getting interviewed on how they felt on the 25th of May 2005.They said it was the greatest night of their life,but the interviewer got in serious trouble for mentioning.....The second half.

17. Muppetfinder General

I figured because I recall Green's quote was actually "This final is over." He said it at 2-0. Funnily enough, I first heard it on the soundtrack to a youtube clip of Instabul posted by a Manc on 606.

18. KingPepeReina.

Muppetfinder
    That night was the greatest night of my life.First half I was getting stick from Man United fans.It was unbearable.Second half....When the first one went in I said ''Remember Man United 1994 at Anfield.'' I was told to shut up.However.............I was to be proved right.Later on that night,my brother sent me a text to find out how my heart was,and I just said its okay...theres only going to be one winner now.I began to get more confident after Dudeks double save from Shevchenko.When they missed their first two penalties....I knew our name was on the cup even though Riise missed his,and they scored the next two.When Smicer scored his(he also scored our vital second goal),I was even more sure it was ours,and Jerzy saved from, Shevchenko
    I was proved right.Unbelievable stuff.Best night ever.Only Liverpool winning the title will match that.

19. Muppetfinder General

I watched the 1996 Euro semi against Germany in a Glasgow bar, waiting to go onstage to entertain the Jock ****s. Right to the end I was sure the odds couldn't go against us and the ****s cheering all around me would be silenced but no, the penalties went according to the script. The gig didn't. I had a mic and they didn't so it was pretty much me reminding them of Jock failures and them dancing to my groove, cheering and applauding. Suckers.

20. KingPepeReina.

Muppetfinder are you a comedian.?
    Here's some for your list.
    Old Trafford the theatre dreams where football is played with 22 players,2 linesmen........73,000 referees.
    They call Old Trafford the best kept pitch in England...they had to dig it up last week,yes dig it up...They can blame Ferguson for that for the millions of pounds worth of crap he puts on it.
    The Man United supporters club is known as the ''Mushroom club'' because they are kept in the dark and fed any old crap.
    What was the difference between Peter Schmeichel and a taxi..a taxi only let 4 in.