1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fao roi

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Please take MM from us, we need a more adventurous manager and someone that knows Nouble is not the man to change a match, everone knows this, how come MM cant see it.
    I am not a Mick Mills fan but he did speak sense today, he kept saying it needed changing and then when we went behind he said we should go all out to get at least a point, what does MM do, keep the same formation and bring on Nouble.
    Also, Mick has not dismissed the Irish job thing and if he was not interested surely he would have said so but he hasn't, if he is gonna go i would rather it now!!

2. Spanish

Oh and this is not knee jerk from todays result as Burnley are top and losing 1-0 is no disgrace, it is just i think we are not adventurous enough and if it aint working MM cant change it.

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

He certainly seems set in his ways and struggles to make positive changes when needed. He is gradually getting the club back in shape though.

4. Spanish

San Diego

He has improved us but he seems to have his limitations, anyone who went today Murphy and Anderson?

Surely it is time to drop certain players and totally bomb others (Nouble)

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I bit of a change could be good.
    I'm hoping that when Taylor comes back that Mick can find a place in the starting line-up for him. Can't understand why Wordsworth isn't seeing more game time either.

6. Spanish

Mick said he was delighted with the performance and he felt Nouble was the right man to bring on, FFS!!!

7. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

For reference

12 games into Jewells first full season we were 6th after 12 games after a rescuing mission the season before with 'play-off' form.

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I'm with you really Spanish. His comments this week were bollocks.

I took over a team on seven points who were bottom so I've basically done my job now... we're mid table now so we're doing alright?

9. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

Mick has made vast improvements to where we were. Limitations. Definitely. Nouble has had limited chances but I was far from convinced he'd do a job. I'm disappointed Wordsworth hasn't played more. I thought he was and is our most creative player and was hoping this season would be a real breakthrough for him. I still see us top 10,just,but Miçk needs to throw caution to the wind sometimes to chase a game.

10. Spanish

the problem is, Wordsworth is to much of an attacking player for Mick, sadly he likes hard working, dull as dishwater midfielders!!

11. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

With you on this, Spanish, it would be so easy for him to say that he wasn't interested, as Chris Hughton did, but he hasn't, if he isn't committed to the cause I would rather he went sooner rather than later, I'm sure MM would have any of his players who were not fully committed to the cause out the door as soon as too...

12. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Still on target for the play-offs...

13. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

I must say I am very baffled by the idea of taking off Murphy, bringing on Nouble than putting Berra up front. Surely if you wanted to 'larger' units up front you take off Berra and Keep Murphy on therefore keeping two 'forwards' on the pitch.
    On the plus, Burnley didn't create too much which is nice as they showed glimpses of quality in their possession play. We are still do that aspect of the game well.
    I don't want rid of MM but he is predictable. Every game seems to have the same Murphy/ Nouble substitution. We normally also see a swap of at least one of the wide players. I say wide players but with Tabb and Tunnicliffe that's about as wide as a very thin piece of grass.

14. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

We've got Hunt training with us who would be a hell of an option in midfield. We've got Marriot itching to get a bit of game time. We aren't shaking things up enough.

15. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

When did Marriot tell you that Hampy???

I know he didn't phone you because he left his phone in the taxi......

16. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

Hasn't Hunt ruled out signing a contract due to his terms being miles out of our reach. I think he is training here to keep fit and not as a viable signing option.

17. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

You might be right tractorbhoy but McCarthy's explanation wasn't that but that he isn't in the market for a midfielder. I'm sorry, but there's no way we should stick on the current midfield, especially the wide midfield options.

18. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

How did the wide men get on today then Hampy... were they that bad?????

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I have no idea Plum. I would hazard a guess similar to every other game they play in. You are like an annoying little fly that needs swatting lately.

20. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Nice way to pick a team mate..............on guess work.........<applause>.

Sorry to pick up on you idiocy i know you think your words should be gospel to us all..........