1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FAO Col

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by terryb, Dec 22, 2014.

1. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

Col,

It is over 48 hours since the West Brom game finished & we are still awaiting your weekly report!

Come On, Come On, Letsby Avenue.

I will start you off by saying that Charlie Austin did ok! Also the Brains Trust was void of any excessive language this week!

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

To be honest Tel, I haven't bothered for a while. The forum has gone a fair bit downhill imo and many posters have left. I just comment on the match threads etc now.

3. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah but those of us left are pure quality.......

4. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

I'm waiting..........
    Its all I plug in for.

5. CORKeR

CORKeR Well-Known Member

Col, where are ya?

Junior Col, where are ya?

Happy Christmas to the two of yez!!

6. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I've seen this mentioned a few times of late and I feel somewhat responsible.. ( Rightly or wrongly. ) Does Col or anyone else feel that they need to elaborate? For the good of the forum this needs to be addressed and I'd welcome any input regarding Col's opinion without any prejudice on my part.

7. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm paranoid but COL's repeated mentioning of this seems to be laced with insinuations that I've driven all the good posters away.

Although I do wish he'd just come out and say it

8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I do have my own take on how this board should be run. Maybe it's a bit late into the night to air them now, but I'll do so tomorrow night as it's a busy day for me tomorrow. I'll try to sum up my feelings on it and perhaps it'll be best to take it from there.

9. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Wrongly! You've not done a single thing wrong mate.

If it has got a bit quieter (perhaps it has) I'd speculate that the proliferation of speculative journalism and a reduction of genuine news from the club (current injuries etc) reduces scope for debate. Possibly time pressures (especially around this time of year) also?

Personally, the whole pro / anti X makes divisive lines where possibly they aren't necessary (particularly since opinions can fluctuate especially with home and away games alternating often). Posts of absolutes are quite off putting (and I'm probably as guilty as anyone for those).

That's just my view and probably rubbish but one absolute is that you've no reason to start feeling paranoid Ninesy.

10. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

This forum always ebbs & flows

Northolt leaving for good was a shame as was Flyers semi-persecution / Titus Oates moment.

However new members arrive and life moves on.

My only take on this is that sometimes those with more negative or differing views are somewhat hounded by the majority. I welcome constructive criticisms but clearly some here do not

11. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Very well said, Tramore.

It's probably fair to say that over a 12 month period, we all may wander off and back on a tad, some more than others.
    Sure, some have left for a considerable time whilst others have indeed given us the 'sailors farewell treatment'.

Quite possible that some of those who posted daily comments are now 'reading only' nowadays but l trust if our beloved team continues up the table, many 'absentees' will come back on the board.
    Let's hope both situations happen!

12. rangercol

You do a fantastic, thankless job nines. I don't think you've done anything wrong whatsoever. I truly didn't mean to spark off a huge debate with my comments.

Merry Christmas mate.

Merry Christmas mate.

I don't recall "repeatedly" mentioning that the board isn't what it was (IMO) and I certainly didn't insinuate anything regarding you in my above post.
    However, now you mention it and this isn't aimed entirely at you, I know I'm not the only one who gets sick and tired of posters who just want to antagonise without actually wanting to "talk/debate football".
    I am a stubborn, opinionated bloke, but posters like Norway quite often sway my opinions on football with their knowledgeable posts (he's not always right mind! :biggrin:).

13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to every Poster on here, have a great one! Nines think you do a great job, great Match Day kick- offs as well!. Col I enjoy your posts because usually they are your football opinions, and for me are always interesting, and well argued, whether I agree or not don't matter. Your match reports were generally excellent, certainly the best I ever read, because you managed to create a picture of the whole atmosphere of going to, being at, and after game, without writing a book and being filled with most usually the bad jokes of one of your "main competitors" (who nevertheless writes very good reports too). Hope you can be bothered to start up again.

For me, I always read and post when I have time, though this goes up and down a lot. The only thing that I don't understand at all, is categorisation of posters into "camps". It's all about opinions, but we all probably all have many different opinions about any one player or person, so I can't really get my head around being pro or anti anyone football player - whatever their faults mostly all give something positive on the park, or sidelines. Most all need encouragement from Support.

Seems to me as well that we aren't the team we were - there is little flair or creativity in our play now with Harry. The good results are more orgasms of relief at 3 points to keep us in the relegation survival hunt, than of seeing our team out play the opposition. The overall play is at best not very attractive, with perhaps the odd exception, the City game a few weeks back, and I think this gives less I feel enthused to write about.

14. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

I think your all pricks! ;) Merry Christmas you filthy animals!

15. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

You have done as Nines said above too. About four or five times in the last couple of weeks

Wait for it...

And there we go! Should have just spat it out in the first place mate.

You antagonise very easily COL. Alarmingly so. I'm sure there's posters who get sick and tired of your roaring and shouting at anyone who disagrees with you (eg Hoilett) too. In fact, I got a PM not long ago from a former regular poster who said the sole reason they've left is because of you!

That's one way of putting it <whistle>

16. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Ok for my 2 pence worth..
    Firstly our Mod(s). I for one have fallen foul of them but i appreciate all they do and having posted on most of the boards i can honestly say there are very few mods across the boards with the knowledge and integrity of those we have had. In those i include roller, Matt , Nuts as well as Nines.
    We're like school kids and these are the teachers. Some of us try it on niow and again, but when discipline needs to be dished out it is generally fair.
    I applaud all our current and past jobs and as far as Im concerned they have nothing to do with the board getting quieter.

our posters,
    Obviously when you put 50 people in a room together, your not going to get total harmony even if they all have a common intrest. We're QPR supporters and that means we all know better than everyone else and we generally have all the answers. and as we've been watching dross for so long we are the font of alll knowledge.
    Now whilst less are posting, i think its fair to say that the most consistent posters are still here. We've lost a lot of good posters through a lot of heated debates and my concern is that if you feel you have to leave a forum because you dont agree with someone, then maybe forums aint for you.

Swords, Col, Myself, Stan Andy and others have all been a pain in the arse at time with our opinions, but i dont believe that any of it was meant maliciously or that any threats were ever meant seriously....I may be wrong.

For my part (and in the spirit of DT)..Its a forum, its for people to speak their minds, give their opinions and even vent their anger every now and again. And if you dish it out then you must expect it back.
    The level of knowledge on here phenomenal, not just football based as is LFW but on everything from cars to how to cook brussel sprouts & cheese !

I personally applaud all our posters and feel its a shame to see anyone go. i know thre are many now who havent read and just read.
    Maybe having so many such divisive people involved in our club like Adel, Redknapp, Barton, SWP and Hoddle is always going to lead to confrontation?

Anyway, for me, this is the best QPR forum on the net. I flick through others but nothing attracts me like here.

The banter can be good and once everyone decides to make it a laugh then its brilliant....

For me, carry on as is Nines...its all good <ok>

17. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

I don't find Col a pain in the arse and I'm not going to name those I do. He presents a reasoned argument. Others choose to be deliberately ambiguous, antagonistic or just down right abusive. That's enough to put me off. I don't need apologies or exiles or whatever punishment is given because for all I know this could be an elaborate set up and you're all computers! I just don't want to read the crap in the first place as I come on here to keep up with news and interesting debate.

18. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

How do you know Col isnt a computer then?

19. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Computer says NO.....

20. rangercol

I rest my case.
    Pathetic!