1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fan Feelings Going Into The New Season

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spudulike, Aug 12, 2014.

?

Your Emotions for Spurs' Season 2014/15

1. Chomping at the Bit

2. Very Excited

3. Quietly Confident

4. Optimistic

5. Neither/Unsure

6. Muted/Unconvinced

7. Dreading It

8. Extremely Pessimistic

9. Other… (please comment)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

So fellow Spurs faithful... in just a few days we start another campaign under another new manager. With pre-season wrapped up and a few new faces coming in during in the transfer window (but not an influx to date), what are your overriding emotions going into this years campaign? With all the incoming players last season after our mega cash windfall from our Welsh wizard, expectations were sky high. It would be interesting to get the overall feeling from the board on this years chances. So, how do you feel this time around? Please post your votes (and thoughts as you like)

I voted "Muted/Unconvinced" - for me there's still too many unanswered questions after pre-season and going into the Spammers game, I have no idea how we will do in that one!

2. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

I'm a bit "meh" this season. To me it seems nailed on that we'll finish 6th or at best 5th. A decent cup run is probably the best we can hope for but i think its optimistic to think we'll win one

3. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

To me "meh" is the same as my vote so hit "Muted/Unconvinced" Spurm

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I voted quietly confident.

Think we have a great squad who just underperformed miserably last season, with the right guidance, I think we can be in for an enjoyable season.

5. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

Recent years of knocks has blunted my expectations . I feel we are in no position to challenge for the top 4. The constant policy of selling
    our best players has left us in no mans land , "The Nearly Men" . We can peak as a couple of years ago and with a little evolution move on
    but unfortunately our monetary chains will always stifle us . Under these restrictions it is hard for any manager to perform to his fullest potential .
    Like Pandora there is always hope but like our cockney hosts this Saturday "like my dreams they fade and die"

6. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Unconvinced about things tbh...think the manager will need time but we have a bad record at giving managers time.
    if any of our players show promise and we dont get top 4 they'll be off as per berbatov, modric, bale, carrick etc.
    Beginning to dislike football...have found the attitude of southampton players horrible but all too common in football...as soon as a club shows promise rich clubs simply take their players...or the players force through moves...clubs can resist for 1 season max if a player kicks off

7. remembercolinlee

Think I disagree sidney...the club has no option but to sell as the players all force the move. Last season suarez and liverpool were held up as an example of how to stay strong...this ignored that ..
    a) they only did what we did to modric
    b) that suarez was always going to leave this year

Man utd at their height were forced to sell ronaldo and arsenal have been forced to sell countless players and they are always in the CL

8. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Gone for optimistic. I think we'll be more settled, playing better football. Not sure it will translate into a higher position, but I am optimistic that I will enjoy watching us this year, more than last year anyway.

9. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

The sole reason Liverpool held onto Suarez was because the goons bid and Suarez was holding out for Barca or Madrid, that is the only reason and Liverpool deserve zero praise for holding onto him for an extra season as no big clubs bid for him. Until this year and then he's sold.

10. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I don't see why a fan would be anything other than excited. You're supposed to enjoy watching football and supporting your team and we're just returning from the long break without Spurs. There's a term for those who need certain conditions of performance to enjoy supporting your team under.

I'm not confident for the season or the opener but I'm looking forward to both.

11. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Poch and everybody seems happy with the pre season win over Schalke but how many easy chances were missed? Too many for me and they had three top men out so a 2-1 scraped win was better for them than for us. We should have won by more and I hope this won't be the norm for next season. I don't think Poch can live with Pellegrini and Van Gaal although City were thrashed by Arsenal which is a bad sign for them so they might have problems in what could be his last season there.

I wanted Ajax's coach De Boer because I think he would have been more of a Spurs man than an Argentinian. Ardiles and Villa did well as players but Ardiles as a coach was a flop. Southampton is not Spurs and Poch might need a lot of luck.

12. remembercolinlee

Well I obviously misunderstood the question...I am looking forward to going to the qpr match...taking my daughters to the europa matches if ee qualify and to following the team on line and via not606...I make my kids a scrapebook most seasons and love the chit chat on here during the season and playing fantasy footie...thought the question was on spurs ability to do well.
    I stand by what i said re players leaving though

13. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

At the start of a season I am always optimistic. I agree with you YV- I can't wait for the pain and aggravation of supporting my team.

I am not at all surprised that Fla and Sidney are so pessimistic- sorry guys but you always seem to be.

THIS IS OUR YEAR

14. remembercolinlee

Well I obviously misunderstood the question...I am looking forward to going to the qpr match...taking my daughters to the europa matches if ee qualify and to following the team on line and via not606...I make my kids a scrapebook most seasons and love the chit chat on here during the season and playing fantasy footie...thought the question was on spurs ability to do well.
    I stand by what i said re players leaving though

15. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

agree with YV. Excited as always, but just not confident unfortunately.

16. Tilly'sowner

Tilly'sowner Well-Known Member

I'm the only one chomping at the bits...:huh:

Come on, after all aren't we meant to be deluded...<ok>

17. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

I am

Quietly Confident!

<party><party><party>

18. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Have pencilled in until October as the period of pessimism.
    After that, optimistic that the squad will be conditioned to the Pochettino way, and
    the play will be as we all would like.

19. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

We had several players out too. Vertonghen, Capoue and Walker would all likely start. We also had Adebayor who's coming back from malaria, Dier who had barely been with the team a week and Bentaleb playing his first game back. Friendly results and performances aren't huge indicators, we battered Roma one preseason and then proceeded to take 2 points from our first 8 games.

I don't think you misunderstood, I was deliberately taking the option at face value. I'm always looking forward to getting our season underway and this season I'm looking forward to us playing better football but that's about it as far as expectations go.

20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm optimistic for the season overall, but I think that we might stutter a bit at the start, as our preparation hasn't been ideal.
    The squad as it is seems pretty balanced and the players that we've got look like they suit the manager's style, but it'll take a lot to hit the ground running.
    Having a decent run in the cups and using them to adjust those that aren't starting in the league could be key, I think.