1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Famous people you have met.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I mean sports men or women mostly but who have you met. Not City players, though i have got a pic of Raich Carter presenting me with a trophy!! Who had that star quality, who was a disappointment.
    I shook hands with Lester Piggott once, miserable bugger but christ he had an aura about him. Just being close to him in the saddling enclosure and watching him walk round on a horse he had this fukin arrogance about him.
    Saw Cloughie at Jacksons Club, that was a great night. I would liked to have met George Best, they reckon he just took over the room.

2. MassimoOsti

MassimoOsti Member

Trevor Brooking!

3. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Brian Clough, The Charlatans and Roland Gift from Fine Young Cannibals.

4. BigotAlertAnalRimMan

I met that iwan thomas or something like that, dyed blonde hair athlete in a sushi bar.

Frank Lampard outside one of his flat.

Djibril cisse at a red light in his car.

I've seen a few others like malouda, bobby zamora, sagna but not "met" and spoke to them

most of these modern athletes are knobs though, well at least they seemed it.

5. prideofyorkshire

No sports people i'm afraid, only famous people i've ever met are Geoffrey Hughes (Onslow in keeping up appearances, Vernon Scripts in heartbeat) while they were filming heartbeat in whitby, and Diane Louise Jordan (Blue Peter Presenter)...

I wish i'd met somebody more impressive than those two haha!

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Agree most seem like twats. There must be some who are ok though surely. I mean a real star someone who has class.

7. prideofyorkshire

Havn't a lot of people met a certain Mr Bullard when he's been out on the lash in town?

8. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Mani from the Stone Roses in Manchester Airport the other week.

John Prescott.

9. Totally HCAFC

Totally HCAFC Active Member

Geovanni, Olyfinjana, Shaun Wright Phillips @ David Beckham accademy, Tom Cairney, Anthoney Gerrard, McLean, Devitt all of em.

Stephen Hunt, and more importantly DEANOOO

10. Chazz Rheinhold

I wanted famous sports stars but it seems to be going towards entertainment. Ok i met Ken Dodd and was an extra in one of his sketches. He was in summer season at Brid and was filming on Fraisthorpe beach. I was a little kid in the background on a sketch. He was a nice man! Beat that!!

11. Tarrich

Tarrich New Member

The mighty Deano bought me a drink in Revolution in Hull once. It was after Wigan had beat us 5 - nil at home 2008/2009. He was out on the town. The guy's an absolute hero!

I played poker with Derren Brown at a party too. For a mind magician, he kept getting my name wrong! Or was he playing some mental trick on me? I've never been the same since...

12. andy payton's mullet

andy payton's mullet Well-Known Member

Mike Summerbee and Ian St John when they were speakers at Uni sports ball and I had to look after them. Ian St John was one of the most ignorant people I've met, and Summerbee was just pecking my head all night.

Tom O'Connor was a cock as well

13. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

When i was a kid I went on those "soccer school" things in the hols, one of them had a trip round Old Trafford and meet a player, the player was Mark Hughes. I wasnt impressed, he was surrounded by about 75 kids all wanting autographs he signed about three then just pushed (and i do mean really shoving loads of kids out of the way) his way past, I still remember him standing on my foot and pushing me out the way at the same time without saying a word.

Looking back it must be a nightmare for players been swarmed with kids but he did come across as a **** who didnt give a ****

The year before we got shown round Boothferry Park and met a couple of players but cant remember who they were but I do remember them laughing and joking with all the kids

14. N

N Active Member

I once met "The Undertaker" from WWE at a cinema in Manchester about 5 years ago. He was with some other wrestler, they were doing some sort of tour around the UK and it was their night off. I didn't really know who he was but my brother did.

He seemed like a top bloke and we got our picture taken with him.

Geovanni came to my college a few years ago but he was either very shy or didn't speak a word of English. He gave me a signed picture even though I didn't ask for one so I can't complain.

I also met Peter Mayhew, the guy who played Chewbacca, in Tesco in Petersfield. A true Legend.

15. St.GeorgeisCross

I met Mark Lawrenson in Palma Airport last October!
    He loved the attention he was getting from loads of people, but didn't answer me when I asked him why he was always so negative about Hull City!

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Is it just me or does anyone else picture him in his full Chewbaca outfit pushing a trolley round Tesco, tut another fan why dont they leave me alone??

17. N

N Active Member

The guy is about 7 foot 3 and has hair like Chewbacca. I guess most people wouldn't know who he is when they see him, but I'm a big Star Wars fan :)emoticon-0111-blush).

18. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Got an image of Chewbacca pushing a trolley around Tesco now. lol

19. Elmos_right_peg

Sir alex ferguson, rio ferdinand, and know he not sports star but jonathan ross but i do live near him lol

20. kccircle

kccircle Well-Known Member

I met Ellery Hanley in La's once. He signed the back of a packet of bensons I had. Also met Rhino from Gladiators. He was doing panto in Sunderland and was doing something he shouldn't have been doing (performance enhancing...). Also met Robert Carlyle and Damon Alburn at an after show party following their Scottish premier of Face. Also met Vinny Jones at a press screening of Lock Stock... Met Ralph Ineson too. He was head boy at school so well before he became famous