1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA CUP: Brighton HA vs Hull City Match Thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Murdoc, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

FA Cup 5th Round
    Brighton vs Hull City
    Monday 17th February
    The "Amex" Stadium, Brighton

please log in to view this image

Brighton
    Just a point off the play-offs, 7th place Championship side Brighton will be looking to knock us out of the Cup, being another one of our notorious grounds that we rarely come away from with anything. Brighton are only 1 point behind 6th placed Reading in the Championship, with 46 points from 30 games. Their form has been far from consistent, with their longest unbeaten streak being 6 games. 3 wins, 2 losses and a draw is Brighton's last 6 results, and goal scoring isn't particularly a strength of the Seagulls, with their top scorer, Leanardo Ulloa, on 8 goals. Andrew Crofts is their 2nd top scorer on 6 goals and is only their second player to score more than 2 goals. Their last result was a 1-0 victory over Leeds, with Ulloa getting the only goal of the game at the Amex.

Hull City
    We all know what City are capable of, although we're also more than accustomed to City having an exit around this stage in the competition, as let's be honest, the Cup's aren't exactly a Competition that we prosper in. With arguably the strongest City side fans have witnessed though, there's been more promising performances in both domestic Cups this Season, and if not for penalties at White Hart Lane, who knows how far in the League Cup we could have progressed. News that McShane will have surgery and evidently miss the rest of the Season is a blow, and most of our strikers cup tied for the FA Cup, it means we'll be relying on Aluko (if risked), Fryatt and Sagbo as our front men. Fryatt, of course, bagged himself a brace in the last round away at Phil Brown's Southend. With City and Brighton playing on Monday, we will both be in the draw at 3:30 on Sunday, possibly giving either an incentive to progress into the quarter's. This, realistically, is a Cup we have a minor chance at winning, should the draw continue to be rather helpful. This City side is defensively capable of giving the side a platform to go ahead and advance, and with more first team players to add to the fray should we progress, I for one believe this is achievable. If Sunderland can get to the Final, why can't we?

2. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

looks like this

3. Hull 3-1 Liverpool

Hull 3-1 Liverpool Well-Known Member

Brighton sound very similar to how we were last season, but perhaps not quite as good.

4. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

Similar, yes. They're defensively strong and score few goals, but they're in and amongst it.

5. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I'll be camel dodging in Sharm El Sheikh on Monday, we land at 5.30pm, does anyone have any suggestions were they might be screening the game out there?

6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Assuming it's true, here's a fact I never knew.

https://www.facebook.com/thealbionroar

"Admittedly, the nickname 'Seagulls' only came about in the 1970s, as a drunken response to Crystal Palace's 'Eagles' chant, and found its way onto the shirt in 1977, but that's by the by. To all intents and purposes, we're the 'Seagulls'."

It goes up in my estimation if that's true. <laugh>

7. djsowtz

djsowtz Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a strong team, we have a chance of doing well in this competition this year. I think if we're strong in the cup I think it will give us confidence in the league.

8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

SB will go with a similar team to both Boro and Southend, which still should be good enough to get the win.

9. Mr. Coat

Mr. Coat Member

Our "second string" players are still those who got us promoted last season. He'd have to play youths to make the team weaker, which he won't.

Some will certainly be rested but as above, whatever team we put out will be capable of winning. Doesn't mean they will but rotation won't mean giving up on the cup.

10. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

I will get the rest of you lazy good for nothing ****s match threads when it is nearer the time.

11. bigfattiger

bigfattiger Well-Known Member

That cooking sherry is getting some hammer today eh Patty?

12. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

Draw about to take place...

13. incredihull

incredihull Member

Im Brighton bound tomorrow, no holding hands on Tiger Travel fellas pleeeasseee UTT

14. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Goes without saying I won't be there tomorrow, it's been proven scientifically that the seaside, Hull City & myself don't combine well.

Hoping the ban is lifted if we find ourselves at Wembley.

We'll win tomorrow, handsomely. Haway.

15. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

Hopefully some channel will be showing the game here (Fuzhou). They have had the other televised matches on over the weekend.

With the time difference its a 3:45am kick off.

16. Quill

Quill Bastard

If we do get through, our away game vs West Ham will be moved.

17. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Will be up watching us at 6.45am for the second game in a row.. but will miss the second half. Hopefully we're leading comfortably at HT so I don't have the same nerves I had checking the Spurs score.

18. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Quiz question: Can you name another "France" to have played for City?

[video=youtube;y5c-pouO310]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5c-pouO310[/video]

19. waggyssecretson

20. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member