1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread FA Cup 1st Round Moors v Chairboys 5th Nov 17

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys are off to Damson Park to take on Solihull Moors for the start of their latest FA Cup adventure this will be our first ever game against the Moors and we will be taking a large following but not quite as many as our last FA Cup game at the Lane, we remember that day well when we were minutes away from a historic win, since that day there has been many changes to our squad and Gaz will be without 7 of the hero's and sweating on the fitness of the others, also we believe our loanee's have not been given permission to play so Gaz may have to name himself on the bench. I will be attending this one making the 30 minute train journey to Solihull before having a few wets <ale><ale><ale><ale><ale><ale> before going to the ground and watching the lads put this banana skin to bed and start a long cup run into 2018<cheers>

Ron likes this.
  2. Guywanderer

Sunday lunch football here we come

3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Sunday lunch means pub for me so i'll have to watch Final Score on my phone from 2 as my local doesn't have a telly,COYB please don't make me look a **** in front of my Gas mates :emoticon-0107-sweat

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

upload_2017-11-5_14-54-25.png

Subs: Ma-Kalambay, El-Abd, De Havilland, Jombati, O'Nien, Cowan-Hall, Southwell

Looks decent to me

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1-0 Freeman

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2-0 Mackail-Smith

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We're in the second round <party>

8. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

The goby ****s were shut up early <laugh> Living in Somerset and getting further than the Gas has made my day <party><party> I think a cider brandy is required with a pint of Somerset cider to celebrate,sod it i'll have a double to have an early night with a smile on my face. :)

Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  9. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Well that was struggle at times at 2-0 up in the first 30mins I thought here we go. The game seemed to just die, we did'nt seem to play with any energy at all. Looking at the other results today apart from Swindon it seems the gap between league 2 & National league is getting closer. I am just glad we did not somebody like Maidstone or we might well have come a cropper.

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The gap might be closing by a small amount but you have to say that there were none too many shocks this year. Always going to be one or two but on the whole the league sides seemed comfortable enough.

Guywanderer likes this.

11. Guywanderer

Solihull didn't play to win the game and in the second half they seemed to just be wanting to avoid a thrashing we should have got a couple more the Beast missed a sitter and we could have seen something rarer than rocking horse **** nearly a goal from Beano

12. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

On another point there was a cock up with tickets, there is no point in sending an e-mail out on the Sunday morning of the game telling people to pick them up at the ticket office. Just a minor grumble.