1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic F1 crash

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Never seen a crash so bad. Grosean has just minor burns.

20AEF044-87C2-4C50-99A8-5167303E8134.jpeg

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

His car in half.

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

4. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Was it a woman driving?

5. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Boring he's not even hurt

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  6. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

7. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I’ve been watching f1 since 1986 and I’ve literally never seen a car ripped in half like that. Absolutely horrific to watch the replays. He’s a very lucky guy to walk away front that no doubt about it. Halo device has saved his life without question. Hats off to the guys in the medical car for being on the scene so quickly.

harrywinspear likes this.
  8. cronemeister

Impact measured at 53g, **** me. Good job them barriers weren’t concrete

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  9. Rudekid

I don't understand the fuss .. He's fine

10. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

It’s actually probably because the car ripped in half that he survived because it created an exit.

cronemeister likes this.

11. Rudekid

The most boring sport going and even the deaths don't happen anymore

12. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

You should watch motogp. It can be exciting and people die too. Like when Rossi rode into the head of his best mate and killed him a few years back. Excitement and death, what's not to like?

Munson. likes this.
  13. Rudekid

Yeah watched that a few times... Poor bloke became a youtube search for eternity

14. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, it was a major crash but he's alright so lets address the major point here. Romaine Grosjean is a liability to F1 and it was always going to happen to him eventually. The man is a menace. It's finally his last year and hopefully today was his last race.

15. Rudekid

It needs more grosjons mate

16. cronemeister

Not really sure his ability or lack of from a driving perspective is the major point here like. He is a liability no question, there have been many before him and there will be many after him. I'd be very surprised to see him back in the car again this season and even more surprised to see him on the grid next year.

So many things fell in to place to allow him to walk away from that, any of them doesn't happen and he wouldn't be sat up in his hospital bed right now. I'd take me chips and go home if I were him now like. Senna always told his grandma that he'd stop racing when he won his first title.

17. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Grosjean has tempered his previously problematic driving this season. He's been pretty good this year, and has clearly started to learn from his mistakes. Some of his manoeuvre's at the starts in previous season was nuts. However its important to acknowledge that yesterday had little to do with that and was simply a loss of grip. Shocking incident but really just a reminder they are flying round in bits of lightweight metal doing 200mph plus. Its a dangerous sport, and you'll never remove the danger completely as yesterday showed. An F1 car ain't burst into flames like that for ages, but a perfect storm and there you go.

His driving is certainly no worse than Max. If you popped Max back in the field with his style of driving, **** knows what would happen because he just goes for every opportunity without fail regardless of safety. Its what always makes me laugh when people say "put Max in a Mercedes he beats Lewis". He might have had a chance against a young Lewis who'd make similar bad decisions to Max, but the ultra consistent and seasoned racer Lewis is now, I think he has the edge on Max over a whole season.

Grosjean was both fortunate in terms of luck, and that F1 has committed so strongly to safety since Senna. Glad he's ok and has a very minor injuries.

Mind I did think "WTF" when they replaced the barriers with concrete. Obviously they have to get it fixed as best they can, but the other drivers would have been thinking "lose it there now, I'm going head first into concrete"

cronemeister likes this.
  18. cronemeister

Definitely improved this season than previous ones. Your comments on Max are very valid and I was gonna say something similar. It's not that long ago when he was labelled a liability, reckless, dangerous etc due to his moving around in the braking zones at high speed etc....I recall a number of close calls with Kimi and Vettel in his first couple of seasons and they definitely had some beef.

When you're at that end of the grid you are always a lot more likely to get tangled up in something, especially on the first lap which is just an absolute lottery most of the time. Thankfully F1 has learned from past tragedies with Senna and Bianchi, hopefully there'll be some lessons to learn here....thankfully not as a result of another loss of life. I wouldn't have fancied his chances pulling 53g into a concrete barrier like, halo or no halo.