1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread F A Cup Rochdale v Toon

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Hung Drawn and Quartered, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

Dont know much about them to be fair
    Will update later
    So much for wanting to put a full strength squad out
    It looks like it will have to be a full strength under 23 team

Maybe hoy Joelinton in and if he cant cut the mustard against them then it's time to get shot and take a massive financial hit
    As he is basically a passenger
    Most notable people from Rochdale
    Bill Oddie, Steve Cougan, Anna Friel, Liz and Nik Kershaw

Live on BT Sports 4th Jan at 12.31
    Competition on the day guess how many times they mention ****ing Hereford

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    JakartaToon and Flash like this.
  2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I’d pump Anna Friel.

Toon will lose 1-0

we’re ****ed

3. Blue harvest

Blue harvest Active Member

We'll go to 4 at the back, lose any sense of what we are doing as we might actually be dominant in possesion, concede around 30 mins, then press for an equaliser only to concede again around 85 mins.

or

Joelinton (4), Muto (2), Gayle (5) will be the shock goal scorers in a 11-0 romp!

4. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Obviously going to get beaten.

5. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Odds on us having less possession than Rochdale?

Flash likes this.
  6. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Injuries will mean that the youth get a run out.
    Narrow defeat.

7. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

bruce is going to send more players over the top !!! then moan about injuries all season and blaming that rather than himself … he guys thick... sorry but he really is

8. Dr Van Helsing

no he has proved he does not have the required mental capacity to do that and hs own words on nufc are that he will send out the strongest side available

9. Roland Deschain

Key word there. I wonder how many first teamers will pick up niggles and knocks before the match.

The problem is I cannot see what he's trying to achieve. We allegedly set-up with 3-5-2, yet instantly retreat back to 5-4-1. I don't have the slightest idea what the plan is. We're not being tight enough, he's got the wrong players in positions (Hayden isn't a box-to-box).

I look at Leicester and think "why can't we be at least a half-arsed attempt at that". It's 4-1-4-1. With the personnel we have, why not? Their full backs move forward and their wide players, Maddison/Perez, have freedom we should be giving to Almiron/Max/Joelinton/Atsu, because their full backs push on (like ours do).

We have a DM - Hayden - and enough CB's to play 2 there, probably Schar/Fernandez. Schar can also play DM, in this formation. Shelvey/Longstaff could then be further forward. One striker, of Carroll or Gayle or even Muto, would be sufficient.

I don't know why we're still flogging the dead horse formation that is 10-0-1. We're getting beat, and comfortably, week in, week out.

Hugh Briss and Munson. like this.
  10. Dr Van Helsing

I have to say I think far too many people have simply been looking at results and failing to look at the performances and his lack of squad rotation either gane by game or via substitutions.

The reality is that whether people liked his approach or not that rafa was on a different level than our current manager and ovee time we are starting to see the work he has done being dismantled.

I said weeks ago that I haven't seen us play well all season and I wish I was lying, but it is without a shadow of doubt getting worse along with our injury situation and that means it's going to get much worse than people can possibly imagine over the next month or two or maybe all season if he cannot turn around the boat in time.

RobEllious likes this.

11. Roland Deschain

No, I agree. There's nothing here. No tactics, no strategy, no gameplan, no squad management. If again he's lucky he may get a few players on the pitch and muddle together some results. But whereas with every Rafa team (not just ours) finishing the season strongly, I see us tanking like in relegation seasons. Morale already looks shot, there's no plan or suggestion he knows what he's doing. He looks and acts like a know-nothing fat knacka coaching a Sunday League team. Mrs Brown could do a better job.

It's not strictly his fault - he clearly doesn't have the ability to do anything better. It all just stinks of another Ashley clusterfuck and likely relegation. Awful players everywhere and a clueless dinosaur in charge. What kind of PL club has Muto, Atsu, Ki, Krafth, Gayle, Hayden and dare I say Almiron and Joelinton near the starting XI?

The scouting set-up is a ****ing abomination. Rafa could shoulder some blame here - but who else spunks money on talentless **** as often as we do? Murphy, Joselu, Muto, Hanley, Joelinton, Almiron, Krafth. For the same amount of cash you could have Ndidi (£15m), Maddison (£20m), Soyuncu (£18m), Ings (£10m), McGinn (£3m) and more.

Hugh Briss likes this.
  12. Dr Van Helsing

I think it's not just the transfer fees we are prepared to pay less for , but also the wages and therefore we are almost certain to end up with the dregs of the barrel in all price brackets. It's just whether on or two of those dregs turn out to have been a wolf in sheeps clothing that every other club failed to see and that simply will not happen consistently enough for us to do well in terms of transfers..

13. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

We lose 1-0

im at this game too.

#cans

14. Roland Deschain

#gluttonforpunishment

Man, it's going to be toxic, like. For the 23,000 who turn up....

15. Roland Deschain

Genuinely think we paid £40m for Joelinton hoping to sell for £80m+. I really don't understand Ashley at all, never will. Sanctions these ****ing ridiculous decisions yet doesn't bother to hire a decent manager and keeps ****ing Charnley in charge.

You'd honestly at some point think he'd just go "you know what? I really am utterly **** at this, in every possible way. I'm out". Yet he doesn't. We seem as far from being sold than at any point in this disgusting black hole of an era.

16. Dr Van Helsing

rafa was a problem to Ashley because he wasn't desperate to stay and say ok all the time. so he has gone back to finding people so desperate for the job they will do as they are told and accept not trying to win anything and that are happy with bottom half

17. Roland Deschain

Mate, I know WHAT he's doing. I can just no longer understand WHY. He simply cannot be that thick.

18. Dr Van Helsing

why are you shouting at me <laugh>

19. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Think we might scrape a draw

20. Dr Van Helsing

lump on a win either way lads