1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Everywhere we go.......

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by devonblue, Jul 18, 2012.

1. devonblue

devonblue Member

Evening all.

As a passionate Blues supporter who lives a good distance from the Motherland (!), I only get to go to one or two home games per season. I do, however, try and get to away games that are in my vicinity. This season, Im planning on going to Exeter, Plymouth and Torquay and may go to other away games. With that in mind, I often visit websites that give recommendations on where to stay, park, eat and general info about the away grounds. It occurred to me recently that some of these sites are out of date (one I visited still listed Cardiffs home ground as Ninian Park!) and are often written by home supporters. So I was thinking that, along with the excellent match previews that we all write, it would be good to know any recommendations from other blues fans about the next away patch. I live in Exeter so obviously know a bit about round here and have visited a few other away grounds also so would be happy to share. It'll only work if people add to it....what do you all think? Ive written one for Exeter as a possible example.....

Please add any you know of in a new post and they will be indexed here for easy reference. If possible please keep to the format of the Exeter example. Thank you.

I'll leave Wycombe in as a reference for visiting away fans

AFC Wimbledon
    Accrington
    Aldershot
    Barnet
    Bradford
    Bristol Rovers
    Burton Albion
    Cheltenham
    Chesterfield
    Dag & Red
    Exeter
    Fleetwood
    Gillingham
    Morecambe
    Northampton
    Oxford Utd
    Plymouth
    Port Vale
    Rochdale
    Rotherham
    Southend
    Torquay
    Wycombe
    York

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great idea Devon. I'll stick it and add an alphabetical index above that takes us straight to the relevant team. We will need to have a new post for each team, otherwise we could go over the limit for a single post.

3. devonblue

devonblue Member

nice one Ron :)

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is that OK like that?

5. devonblue

devonblue Member

thats brilliant, thanks mate <party>

6. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

dont have the world of knowledge with these away ground but my advice on dagenham: get the train!!! ive tried driving to the ground, and turned up at half time as we couldnt find it! we werent the only wycombe fans turning up late, and stewards informed us that its a regular occurance

7. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Devon - this is a cracking idea mate and something can easily be updated each season <ok>

8. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

A great idea.i bet slasher will do the wimbledon review.lol

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've sent a message to what appears to be an active forum for York City asking for any helpful information for our visiting fans on the opening day. I figured if we do this for all clubs we might build up the index to cover all teams. I'll try to do this over the next couple of weeks or so. If anyone has any contacts on the Gas maybe they could be invited to chip in.

If anyone has any info they can add for any away team please add it asap (rather than wait for the match) as it will prove useful for other teams in the League and help to bond with as many as possible and hopefully some will reciprocate.

Thanks
    Ron

This index would be available to all teams in the League so hopefully we can get some help in building it up.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Anywhere?

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was a great idea but doesn't appear to be getting off the ground. Maybe a reflection of our poor performances and nobody needs to know how to get anywhere anymore.