1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Everton v Cardiff City, Fug Me O’Riley. If Yer Will!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

9th placed Everton host lowly Cardiff City In 18th position at Goodson! Gotta be 3-0 surely, but without the magnificent Dixie Dean in their ranks, you could shriek “who are you?” Remember this fixture in 61-62 going 8-3 in their favour....lucky they were! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Who was Dixie Dean?<party>Ask BT, he’ll Know!<party>Mean BFB yeah?

Barry Tiger likes this.
  2. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

A quick look at Wiki shows that Dixie Dean scored 349 goals in 399 appearances for the Toffees. That's some return. If only...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  3. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

hoping for at least a point tomorrow, a qtr past six bus from Aberdare and a stop off in widnes for the lads 2 get pissed........never mind more smoking time I guess <ok>

1-2 buckle my shoe

4. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

3-4 you stole my whore

5-6 used your small plix

7-8 I’m gonna gate you

9-10 Fug you Aber....then! :emoticon-0103-cool:

5. aberdude

<wah>........I don't know anymore than 10, she was a big large hen

ok 11, she was in co ck heaven, the twelve didn't fit>>>>me big boy from mountains knew it wouldn't fit

me be sticking it 2 the toffees tomorrow

6. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

can we set up an Aber and Masky sticky (hmmm, not sure I like that thought) and leave then to it? :emoticon-0107-sweat

7. aberdude

8. aberdude

I got spare ticket for tomorrow if anyone fancies it, off 2 widnes for couple of milkshakes before game but can meet you by ground if that's cool.....I don't want fk all for it my mate dropped out ill and he would rather it go 2 someone rather than waste it.

9. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Gylfi Sigurdsson, Andre Gomes and Ademola Lookman are all available for Everton despite being ruled out of international duty because of injuries.

Loanee Kurt Zouma returns after being ineligible against parent club Chelsea.

Cardiff captain Sean Morrison was forced off against Brighton because of a broken nose but has been passed fit.

Harry Arter returns after a ban and Jazz Richards may be available after a hamstring problem, but a calf injury is likely to sideline Kenneth Zohore.

@Guymowbray: These were two happy camps going into the international break, with both bosses talking of how their teams were improving.

Everton must keep up the momentum that has been built with four wins and just one defeat from their last six Premier League games, and the only way to do that is with another victory.

Winning at home is even more important in the midst of a run of six away fixtures that sees them go to five of the big six.

Having already visited three themselves, it's little wonder that Cardiff have only got one away point so far.

Another one here would feel like a win.

Everton manager Marco Silva: "We are happy with our momentum but there are many things to improve.

"The fans are supporting us from the first minute until the end because they understand what we are doing.

"The atmosphere in our stadium is different now because we are working together."

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock: "I think we can do better than we have done. We've got to eliminate those mistakes and continue to put teams under pressure.

"We've got a run now where we're playing teams who are not in the top six, not beyond us."

Everton boss Marco Silva is getting very close to working out what his best team is, and he has good options from the bench too. They have got the makings of a good side.

They slipped up a couple of times at home earlier this season - losing to West Ham and drawing with Huddersfield - but, otherwise, they have beaten everyone you would expect them to, and Cardiff definitely fall into that category.

Prediction: 2-0

Lawro's full predictions v Mumford & Sons

Head-to-head

• It is 92 years since Cardiff's last win away to Everton, which was a top-flight game on 11 December 1926. Hughie Ferguson scored the only goal.
    • The Bluebirds have not won a league game against the Merseysiders since 1956, drawing four and losing three of the subsequent seven meetings.
    Everton

• Everton have lost just one of their past nine Premier League home games (W5, D3).
    • They have won their last three top-flight matches at Goodison Park, scoring eight times and conceding just once.
    • The Toffees conceded 11 times in their first six league games under Marco Silva, but have only shipped four in their subsequent six outings.
    • Everton are unbeaten in their last 13 home league games against newly-promoted sides, winning 11 of those matches, including the last nine.
    • They have scored in 13 of their 14 most recent league fixtures at Goodison Park, with the exception a goalless draw against Liverpool in April.
    • Gylfi Sigurdsson has been directly involved in 14 Premier League goals since joining the club (nine goals and five assists), more than any other Everton player.
    Cardiff City

• The Bluebirds can claim consecutive top-flight wins for the first time since April 1962.
    • Cardiff's total of two away league goals is fewer than any other side in the top four tiers of English football.
    • Cardiff and Arsenal are the only two teams yet to lead a Premier League game at half-time this season.
    • The Bluebirds are one short of conceding 100 Premier League goals.
    • Neil Warnock's side have attempted just 3,372 passes in their 12 games so far - more than 400 fewer than any other team in the top flight.
    • Warnock has won his last three games against Everton in all competitions, including victories at Goodison Park with QPR in 2011 and Crystal Palace in 2014.

10. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

They have been playing well. I go into this one with a fingers crossed attitude :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018

11. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Temple - more likely to be a crossed legs attitude for me.

Having said that, I can see Paterson getting a couple today.......<laugh>

12. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

I won't be complaining if he does!

13. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Murphy dropped to the bench. Cunningham retains LB slot.

Etheridge, Cunningham, Bamba, Morrison, Manga, Ralls, Gunner, Arter, Harris, Camarasa, Paterson

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Team against Everton........

CARDIFF TO FACE EVERTON: Etheridge, Morrison, Manga, Arter, Ralls, Paterson, Gunnarsson, Cunningham, Camarasa, Bamba, Harris

SUBS: Smithies, Peltier, Bennett, Ward, Murphy, Reid, Hoilett

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Looks like Ralls is making an extra man in midfield with just Pato and Harris up front.

Maybe we'll see Camarasa pushing up to support them?

16. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I thought that. Looks like an old fashioned 4 4 2.

17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Shades of Dai Jones Bluey?

At least it used to entertain us even if the results were unpredictable. Wonder if it'll cause Everton some problems?

18. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Unlikely<doh>

Suppose if you pack midfield it leaves room for just one wide man and Harris deserves his start over Murphy.

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I suppose it comes down to whether or not we can score today with that formation.

If we do, then it's a setup that gives us a chance of taking a point back (at least).

I've just stuck £14 on the double chance option of a draw or City win @2/1

20. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

so far so good.0-0 nearing 1/2 time.
    Doesn't look like we're getting much of the ball, but we're still in it.