1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

European Super League

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

So the offer 2 weeks ago to help EFL clubs was, as we all suspected, a precursor for a European Super League.

They're all selfish greedy ba+tards.
    They'll soon be jarred off playing the same clubs year in year out with no relegation.
    How much respect must they have for their fans? The normal fan can't afford to jet all over Europe every fortnight.
    Doesn't make sense on any level to me.

And when they come crawling back they can start playing in whatever the Conference is now.

2. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

was only a matter of when it starts,and how those fixtures are going to fit into a domestic season or will it be a full time concept, cant see anything happening for a few seasons with covid about,its all just a matter of where you are in the food chain i suppose, but pesonally i think they can all go to hell,

Supcon72 likes this.
  3. Squasher

Squasher Active Member

You have pretty much said exactly what I was thinking when I first read this the other day.

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

We all know it's just about money and media coverage and we said it at the time.
    Much though I despise both clubs, they are clearly not interested in their domestic fans and that speaks volumes about the teams at the top of the Premier League and the superficial nature of it all. And where have Liverpool suddenly got this high and mighty attitude from after decades in the wilderness ?
    By rights I would have thought that the likes of Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal have just as much of a right to join a Super League for the domestic and international silverware they've won over the last 20 odd years !

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

There won’t be any games for 2 weeks after an any fixture because the teams will have to self-isolate!
    Maybe their bored fans will start watching ‘proper’ football instead of the commercial plastic crap they dish up?
    It’s possible we could benefit from this, with all the Bristol ‘plastics’ converting to support us instead?

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

It would make the Premier League a lot more exciting without those greedy lot I'll tell you that. Sod em.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.