1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

European Strikers (a risk).... my choices for a move to sunderland

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by connor wigham, Jan 15, 2012.

1. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

I watch quite abit of foreign football and think the players below could help/solve the sunderland goal scoring problem,,, the european football is a risk bringing them over to the leauge in january and hoping they settle might not work but we are not going to get a cheap viable option in the PL at the moment so these whould be my choices...

they are in an order with them being in my personal choice on goal scoring,price and risk... <ok>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Burak Yilmaz (Trabzonspor) - 19 goals this season and 41 in 57 for them <yikes> should be cheap aswell

2. Olivier Giroud (Montpellier) - 15 goals this season in a team which has scored 17 i think?? said he wants to move to the PL and is interested in offers from blackburn,newcastle ect...

3. Denis (Atalanta) - on loan from Udinise (Who dont wan him) and Atalanta cant afford him...we could for 5/6m.... 12 goals in 16 games

4. Luc Castaignos (inter milan) wants out of inter and only bologna seem to want him... he is a great player though not really been able to show it at inter

5.Welliton (spartak moscow) - i belive he has what it takes in the Pl however he is young at not really shown it at any big sides or leagues... 57 goals in 93 games though....

6. Luuk de Jong (FC twente) - quite a few teams want him including the mags...6.5m worth every penny but can we afford to get him

7. Mevlut Erding (Paris St Germain) - Not really scored much but hasnt had the opportunity whould be a gamble but might pay off

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scottish leagues and championship are anouther thought and even more of a risk but greater rewards being cheaper...

1. jon daly (dundee united) playing at a crap team in a crap league but is scoring well whould be very cheap...

2. Rickie Lambert (southampton) - on fire this season with the championship team can he take it up to the next level

3. jordan rhodes (huddelsfield) - scoring alot in league one... young but not going to solve our problems now or is he... no even that cheap tbh

4. KP (Blackpool) - Henry to arsenal. Scoles to Man U... why not, scoring alot and scored a few last year for Birmingham

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well thats my choices from out side the league on the goalscoring side of things i hope this is usefull and i hope that you can all see if we take a risk we might get anouther Bent just not for 24 million pounds

2. poolie_mackem

poolie_mackem Well-Known Member

I think we need a striker in the Cisse mould

someone who is big, strong, has electric pace, thrives on playing upfront as the lone striker, and knows were the goal is as well as being a big game player.

Now personally I cannot think of many players like this and the Djib if we could tempt him back would be perfect, he still has pace and knows were the goal is BUT I think the man we could do with is on our books he is just in ******* Al Ain!!!

3. connor wigham

well if thats what we are looking for (not at out and out goalscorer in the defoe mould) we could be able to get Luc castigous he wants out of inter and scores a fair few for under 21s holland squad... he is big and strong with pace we might be able to tempt him with a loan or even if we are lucky and have money a perm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B1L23QQf9g&feature=related

4. poolie_mackem

would of thought we would have no chance, he is only a young lad why would Inter get rid anyway?

I always think players coming over from the french league usually do well over here

Moussa Sow?

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Out of those, the only 2 i'd be interested in is Castaignos and Giroud.

I can see why you've listed some of the other guys though, in fairness.

Problem Castaignos had was he jumped too soon to leave Feyenoord, he would have developed better by staying 2 more years, as he's still only a kid, but he will go on and develop, if he makes the right career move.

Giroud, everytime I watch him he impresses me, my concern would be that he is exceptionally slow (same as Luuk De Jong) and that would be the reason i'd be dubious (along with the rumoured £30million price tag!)

Lambert, I think he would score goals, like Holt at Norwich, he scores from everywhere, and has sustained it over 5 years, no flash in the pan.

People from the continent I would be looking at, striker wise -

Ricky van Wolfswinkel - Sporting - Was a surprise when he went there, but looks tailor made for the Premier.Young, tall, strong, and goals for fun.

Andre Pierre Gignac - Marseille - Unwanted at Marseille, and wouldn't even be a gamble at the £8million touted. If he flopped, we'd get £6million back easily from a good French club.

Abel Hernandez - Palermo - A simply stunningly talented player, skillful, fast as lightning, and somehow a little bit under the radar when the whole world is looking at Uruguayans.

Not a masive goalscorer (yet..), but he could become one. He would cost £20 million, but could double in value in 2 years.

Lucas Barrios - Dortmund - Apparently looking to leave after losing his status as first choice striker (despite 30-odd goals in 70 games, and a Bundesliga title last season...).

He may cost a few quid, but Dortmund have said he can leave, which lowers his value, the downside is, after the way his 2 fellow countrymen were treat by Bruce, he may prefer to slice of his penis, get a boob job, and shift careers to a page 3 model than play for us..

Moussa Sow - Lille - Simply outstanding, strong, quick, finisher. £25million minimum though...

6. poolie_mackem

here is a name who I think MoN might like

Marc Janko

7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

****ing hell though Poolie, have you watched him?

His touch is ****ing woeful, and he can barely move. It's well and good scoring goals in Austria and for one of the top teams in Holland, but he is nowhere near Premier League class.

If it's a big Austrian, Marko Arnautovic is potentially a very good player. Potentially being the key word..

8. connor wigham

well i was trying to keep it small because of the rumored budget for MOn is only 15m all january :s

9. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

De Yong is the only one out of those who would fit in straight away with us. Of the rest I wouldn't go near any of the Scots players way too much of a risk FFS we got shot of Stokes and he scores hat tricks every other week up there, he couldn't hit a barn door sat on the lock for us. The other players are like you say a gamble with most not playing that much for their own teams, so why bring them in if their own manager who knows them best doesn't rate them enough to play them? Still think we should try to get an English player in easier said than done though. 6 mil is not going to get us the type of goal scorer we need you are looking at closer to the 12 to 15 mil mark for that.

10. connor wigham

they have 4 amazing strikers and he isnt living up to expectations furthermore he wants away

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

£15million would buy all of them, bar Sow.

Sow would be worth finding the money for though!

12. poolie_mackem

I have to say mate I have hardly watched this player but he is a big target man who gets a few goals thats why I posted his name.

Personally I hope we dont go for that type of striker I want us to go for a Cisse type of player someone with electic pace where we can catch teams out quickly on the counter attack

13. connor wigham

but we need a defender,LB,striker ect

14. poolie_mackem

how good of a finish is this, not just because its an overhead kick but how much power he hits it with

[video=youtube;Ps_mbBI5gm8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps_mbBI5gm8[/video]

15. connor wigham

whould rarther get Luc casti on loan for the season with us trying to sign him then go after a palyer we are never going to get

16. poolie_mackem

add RB to that list as well

MONsMush

You know your football, what you think of Doumbia at CSKA? Out of our reach? I have been very impressed when I have seen him in europe this season

and Adriano and Shakhtar

17. connor wigham

he has been quoted as saying he wants to move to arsenal or chelsea...

18. poolie_mackem

another name is someone who has been linked in the past

Pappis Demba Cisse?

19. connor wigham

Pappis is good but there are better and he isnt exactly your hitman

20. Not_cricket

Not_cricket Active Member

Don't touch the Scottish strikers (remember Harry Hood?)