1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Europe Super league and shameful Boris!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Southcoastoldgaffer, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

You couldn't make it up! Boris met Ed Woodward Chief and Vice Chairman of Man Utd days before the ESL was announced publicly, What a brilliant idea, right behind it, Brexit Britain and our super top teams will show 'em! Mr Woodward – Uproar followed, fury and protest from fans, politicans all over UK and Europe, and of course as some on here predicted, the breakaway elite competition collapsed.

Woodward resigned shortly after. Boris in his bufoonery and blather announces what a disgraceful idea it all was, a shock to our beloved national game..blah blah.

What an abysmal, deceitful, lying toad he is. That is an insult to all toads!

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Hold your horses gaffer. Boris is a toad and I wonder why people are surprised that the Tories are handing contracts to their mates.

But. As I understand it, Woodward was opposed to the ESL and like Mourinho made a sharp exit during the melee. It could be that Woodward tipped him off about what was about to happen.

Boris was very quick in his response and it was the right response that would have taken quite some preparing to make sure that he had the backing of his ministers. Usually when there is a U-turn or climb down there is a degree of flapping that we didn't see this time.

Buckyohare likes this.
  3. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

Boris is a populist not a statesman. He goes with whatever the public mood is. But it’s been a winning formula for him so fair enough.

I don’t know about you guys but I really feel for these post masters that were locked up by their employer whilst the board room carry on with huge salaries and an apology. The fact that it shows how any employee could be wrongfully imprisoned and left destitute by their bosses should get people on the streets as much as a bunch of dodgy billionaires trying to treat their ‘legacy fans’ as contemptible walking cash points. Will Boris come out and call for an inquiry and stand up for all employees as he did for football fans earlier this week?

4. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I for one was SO relieved when our wonderful PM said he’d do “whatever it takes” to stop the evil ESL,Boris to the rescue once again !!(Not said with the least hint of irony!)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Southcoastoldgaffer and Redruth like this.
  5. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Boris is a useless c**t

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  6. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

In fact I would say he is more useless than Alan Fecking Judge

7. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

& Jeremy Corbin would have been so much better??? Thought this was a football forum, my mistake

Buckyohare likes this.
  8. Southcoastoldgaffer

That is not how the Independent saw this story. And we are all agreed that his final support for the fans protest was of course pure political opportunism but welcome nonetheless!

9. Southcoastoldgaffer

Fair point Royston, but many of us were outraged by the ESL plan, which was totally to the detriment of our game and the fans. So, naturally football forums Europe-wide felt the need to express their displeasure. And tis rare indeed when our PM gets involved in football!

10. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Agreed but any politician does whatever they can for free (positive) publicity. Most of them see how the public reacts to any given cause and then come out vocally in support. For example, nothing gets people in general furious (& rightly so) than the mis-treatment of children. The case of baby “p” comes straight to mind as, in my opinion, due to public outcry, head of children’s service in that area was sacked and later sued successfully for wrongful termination. What I’m trying to say, in a bit of a long winded way is that almost all politicians would have done exactly the same as Boris did - labour & Lib Dem’s did support Boris on this matter following his statement.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Yes of course he would have been. But then so would Alan Judge. Next!

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Some, but not all. And it isn’t a case of political party. There are opportunists on both sides like the current Labour leader and principled people on both sides of the house.