1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Enjoy

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Rorschach, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

ademuzzy and johnsonsbaby like this.
  2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Those were the days, eh ...........

3. Can't recall anyone claiming he was "too slow" but don't let that get in the way of your tantrum <laugh>

4. Rorschach

time for the wavy arm dance...better seen full screen

5. Rorschach

Gerrez said:
    Suarez didn't have pace but nor did he need it, he was ahead in his mind and clever enough to either take chances early or hold the ball up before beating the man into submission!

so what did you mean in this comment then? whats your definition of no pace?

6. ademuzzy

ademuzzy Well-Known Member

I watched that and now I feel even more depressed about how we are at the moment. Is he the single most talented player we have ever had? I Personally think so. If he isn't then he has to be the most exciting player we have ever had.

7. Rorschach

I know what you mean Ade but I enjoyed looking back on that but we've still got Sturrage to come back and if he can come near to his video form hopefully we'll have a good season <ok>

ademuzzy likes this.
  8. No pace and too slow aren't the same thing <doh>

You also neglected to put your comment in which I quoted...

...clearly it was you who claimed he did have pace which he didn't, he had a football mind giving a head start coupled with suberb reactions and acceleration. He wouldn't win many 100metre races but he stand a chance at ten yards!

When considering attributes, you wouldn't think of pace for Suarez. That is a no brainer and I have no idea why you're attempting to argue otherwise <laugh>

9. Rorschach

but that doesn't mean he hasn't got pace and to say that's not one of his attributes is also a no brainer

10. If you claim someone as pace you are saying they are a fast sprinter FFS <doh>

By your logic, Carragher had pace because he moved!

11. ademuzzy

I hope so, but there is something inherently wrong with the way we play at the moment. We don't look to get numbers in the box all the forwards are isolated. I really think the best way for us to get the most out of what we have is the diamond.

----Ming----
    ----Clyne----- -----Gomez/Skrtl ------Sakho------Moreno

---lucas/allen
    Hendo/milner Coutinho/Can
    Firminho

Benteke Sturridge

For the players we have bought in and what we currently have, this is the only formation that gets the best out of them IMO.

12. ademuzzy

**** sake that didn't format like I would have liked. I hope you can tell what I mean.

13. Nor does that change the fact that you put "too slow" which clearly isn't what was said <doh>

14. Rorschach

my original post
    I would always start Coutinho behind the front man/men. he has the skill and vision to get the front line in.
    I would play 2 up top as well with a diamond midfield. Henderson and Milner the middle 2 with Lucas/Can behind.
    I know Milner isn't everyones cup of tea but you need legs and energy to have a mid 2 so they are the men.
    the main problem I see is a lack of pace by our players, we can't (or won't) run behind their defenders to stretch them.
    Sturridge, Suarez and Stirling all had pace and were willing to run behind and mess up the defenders positions. I'd like to see Ings given a long run in the side up top preferably with Benteke/Sturrage when fit or on his own as he is more mobile the big Ben.

you only seemed to pick up on the only part of my post that i said Sturridge, Suarez and Stirling all had pace and picked out that Suarez didn't have any speed.

I see you've just added the Carragher bit but that's just highlighted you've totally ****ed your own argument up. no one would ever claim that Carragher or Terry or Sherringham, for example, have pace "just because they move"

and I wouldn't claim Sturrage or Stirling were champion sprinters.

15. With logic like that, I can understand why you'd claim Suarez had pace <doh>

Suarez didn't have pace and if you look back to that thread again you will also see I wasn't the only one to say it. He wasn't slow, but he wasn't pacey either. Fair enough if you don't agree, you're entitled to your opinion but don't throw a hissy fit about it and then result to insults (muppet) FFS <laugh>

16. Rorschach

Sorry about the Muppet bit but I stand by my post

Super G Ted'inho likes this.
  17. Rorschach

I wish Rodgers would play something like this formation but I'd swop Firmiho and Coutinho

18. I think Coutinho is wasted in a deeper position. We tried it during the 2013-14 season and he was very hit and miss. He needs to be in the No.10 role imo, players around him creating space for him and let him wonder about causing damage. Basically, build the side around him.

Not sure how we fit everyone in once everyone if fit but that's the joys of having a squad in the modern game, its good to have options. I'd go with...

Migs
    Clyne - Gomez - Sakho - Moreno
    Lucas
    Hendo - - - Milner
    Coutinho
    Sturridge - Benteke
    Moreno ahead of Flanno because I'd want the FBs to provide the width (but not every single time, don't be predictable). Play Flanno in the games where we need to keep it tight.

Can could come in for Lucas, Hendo or Milner. Firmino competes with the front three.​

luvgonzo, Rorschach and DirtyFrank like this.
  19. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Use the center text button then don't need to put the lines in either <ok>

ademuzzy and Super G Ted'inho like this.
  20. FFS...<doh> #yank

Depends if he's using the phone or not too <ok>