1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

English League winners 2013/14

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by YouCanCallMeJeff, Jul 23, 2013.

1. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Right lets hear it lads and lasses. Who will be footballs winners this year?

Premier League: Chelsea 9/4 - The return of the Special One along with the departure of old red nose will have Chelsea much closer this year. Last year looked very much like a transitional season for a young squad. Expect Hazard and Oscar to be better next year with a season behind them with Lukaku, De Bruyn and Schurle looking like very good additions to the squad. Though I must say I was very surprised to see them down as favourites, i thought i was fairly alone in thinking they had a chance of overturning a 14 point difference!

Championship: Reading 9/1 - I think are the best equipped team of those on dropping back into the championship from the prem. They have added Bridge who is a top notch player in the championship, even at his age, and Royston Drenthe who will score a bucket load in the championship. I rate Nigel Atkins as a top manager and can see him having some success at Reading and it looks like the board are backing him with the funds.

League One: Wolves 4/1 - Big big club in a very weak division (I should know i watched plenty of dreadful Donny Rovers games last season). Lost Karl Henry and few others by the looks of it but should be way too strong for this division.

League Two: S****horpe 16/1 - Starting to scrape the barrel here as I don't know league two all that well. Luckily I've not had to travel to the wycombe's of this world with the rovers for a few years. The S****horpe squad looks pretty strong (ie I have heard of a few of their players) so i will plump for them. Though they have been down there for a bit longer than I think they expected.

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Now then Jeff... This is something me and a few of my mates have done for years, and i shall post what we do this year for you as well...

We put em in a £2 e/w accy for all 4 divisions, and we have had a little success over the years, though ive not once had owt to put back into the pot...!!!

I got let down badly last year with Leicester and Rotherham, i also picked Citeh to win the Prem and ive forgotten the other team. But hasten to say i didnt collect owt...

Im looking at Citeh again this year as they came 2nd last year for a manager they didnt give two hoots for in the end. Plus the fact that the mancs have to be slightly weaker with ole fergie gone - Though none of my mancy mates think it will matter one bit, they will win the league again this year...!!! Well i wish em luck as i know my team wont be anywhere near the top of the table come May next year, though a Champions league spot would be like winning the league for me... God i sound like a gunners fan now...!!!

The Championship is always hard to predict as they all seem to go through bad months and good months, its just getting the team that has the best last month as i dont think anyone will run away with this division...

The 1st division seems to be between a few teams from my initial look, but you just dont know who will pop up out of the crowd, as someone usually dos. Its probably the same for the 2nd Division as well, but again i think im good for one of my picks to be good enough...

Will post my selections up closer to the start of the season as there will be a few changes of personnel at some clubs yet and this may influence my selections...

Good luck Jeff, lets hope we can strike a bet now for our benefit next year...<ok><cheers>

3. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Strong rumours that there is a wealthy invester due to step in at Donny Rovers and that a deal will be done in the next few days which will also trigger a number of transfers. Done deals for Shay Given, Billy Sharp, Steven Ireland, Ritchie Wellens apparently if/when the invester comes in.

I'm lead to believe the deal is 90% done and they are hoping for a tilt at the premier league. That sounds ridiculously optimistic but I might take a bit on Rovers +28 at 18/1 with Coral in the handicap market.

4. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Ok Jeff here we go...

Premier League Winners - Man Citeh... 23/10
    Championship Winners - Notts Forest... 11/1
    League 1 Winners - Wolves... 7/2
    League 2 Winners - Fleetwood Town... 7/1

Done in a £2.5 e/w accy... Returns £3,649...

Good luck to all if you are having a play...<cheers>

5. poshfan

poshfan Well-Known Member

mine are
    premier Chelsea
    championship qpr
    ist div Peterborough
    2nd div northamton