1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England vs Netherlands

Discussion in 'International Cricket' started by Dangerous Marsupial, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Anyone else watching this? I wish I wasn't. How the Netherlands have made this total already is beyond me. Swann is the only bowler who can really hold his head high today, I don't know why Yardy wasn't included when spin in so key on these wickets. Really not good fielding at all today. Also been a little unlucky.

The only positive I see so far, is that at least we won't peak too soon.

2. Dangerous Marsupial

Oh dear! A no-ball for not enough fielders in the circle costs Broad a wicket! Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! And Swann drops one! This is shambolic.

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I'm at work, just on my lunch break, decided to check the score. Sounds like one of our worst ever days in the field in ODI's, going by what cricinfo are saying. Andrew Miller is apoplectic on the cricinfo site. Glad i'm not watching it, England yet again are an embarrassment in a ODI World Cup.

4. Dangerous Marsupial

Well, I'll reserve my final judgement until England have batted a bit, but this is a very steep total, and in all probability Neth would be favourites if they had some top bowlers.

5. Hernandez

Hernandez New Member

One of the worst efforts at bowling for a one day international I have seen in a long time,
    No wonder Netherlands where annoyed they didn't 350+

Just got to hope Stauss & KP Get a few centurys.

6. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Even if we win i'd still consider us an embarrassment as we always seem to be at a World Cup. It'll be a tight game I reckon. We've made a decent start by the sounds of it, 22-0 off 3. I reckon it'll come down to the last few overs.

7. Dangerous Marsupial

Well, KP does look in good nick! Though that doesn't mean much with him.

8. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

37 from 5 overs should do it but................................

9. Dangerous Marsupial

Well, England did win in the end. For once a decent enough batting performance. The thing is, Netherlands with the exception of Borren and a certain Essex all-rounder who, other than a moment of luck near his 50, was nothing short of extraordinary, didn't play well. It was only close because of England's poor fielding effort. Swann bowled well, and Bresnan did ok. Broad got some wickets, but he didn't really deserve them. Anderson is normally a very good bowler, but today he was absolutely shocking. Definite villain of the match, there wasn't any swing on the pitch so he just bowled cutters and spanked. Why Yardy wasn't included is a mystery to me!