1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England Under 20's

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Jun 11, 2017.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

are world champs -- congrats to them. Chuffed for konsa and Lookman who has come out of the tournament a star.

Dan Roan is right though - most of these players will find themselves playing reserve team football next season. Big clubs need to start bedding these players in somewhere.

2. Crack Addick

Crack Addick Active Member

That's Konsa as good as sold then!

Well done to them all, what an achievement. Hopefully it instills a winning mentality into our future national first teamers!

The Kish likes this.
  3. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Great experience for Konsa, being part of a winning tournament squad - even if he played only a few minutes of football.
    this bodes well for our senior England Squad in the medium term future; International success often comes from youth football first.

I'm pleased for Lookman, but to be honest no more pleased than I am for any of the other young English players who did well.
    He plays for Everton now. He played well for us at times and we got a very good price for him, but he isn't exactly a Charlton legend.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  4. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

As Lardiman. Happy for the whole team. Fantastic performance and Konsa cam be very pleased to have been part of it.

5. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

But we didn't get a good price for him. His type of player is like gold dust. He is already worth at least twice of what we received for him. By starring for the U20s in the World Cup he has been seen worldwide. There are not many English players that can run at defenders, use both feet and have an excellent shot. He also has an excellent temperament. I have spoken to his Father and to him and they are modest men. Ademola has a great desire to get better and I am sure he will.
    I have seen him since he played for the U18s and am really delighted at his success. I am also happy for Ezri.

I hope we can supply more players from our Academy, so we can watch them on Match Of The Day playing for other Clubs.

6. Talal El

Talal El Well-Known Member

I fully agree with you dick, Lookman has doubled his fee and think he will also be given a chance next year at Everton

7. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

You can't fail to like a Lookman but true he's not our anymore re Konsa I imagine come the start of the season he won't be ours either