1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England fans in Russia

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Let’s hope they behave themselves

Angelicnumber16, NickH and Red Robin like this.
  3. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I really hope so - England fans have been our worst ambassadors at times & made me ashamed to be associated with them. Unfortunately even recent events (footage of c**ts on a bridge in Holland just a few months back) don't bode well. If they do kick off, the Russians (thugs and police) will make them regret it & I really hope nobody's seriously hurt.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Totally get where you are coming from NickH - I would LOVE to go an support England abroad, mingle with the locals and fans from other countries, swop stories etc and generally have a football party - like we can on MOST away games with City, but I can't see myself ever doing it sadly because I know that I could get dragged into anything if it did kick off - and it's not always the England fans starting it these days (although our reputation of old makes us a target of every wannabe 'Ultra' every time)
    I know someone who was at Charleroi that time a few years ago. He was drinking with a handful of buddies in a bar on a side street off the main square perfectly peacefully, when a bunch of chaps wearing England tops walked by. My mate's lot tried to engage them in conversation - but couldn't - because they were speaking German or Polish to each other (my mate isn't a great linguist so couldn't tell which tbh). Anyway, it all kicked off moments later and they ended up being attacked and chased through the back streets by angry locals - presumably those 'Germans' started something in the main square and my mate got caught up in the revenge 'punishment'!

I can't be arsed with all that - I'd rather watch the football it in a pub here. Such a shame..