1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

End of Season Premier Table

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, May 14, 2018.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Quick look at it and
    we scored more goals than 13 other teams over the season
    but
    had the 5th worst goals conceded record

Defence definetly needs an overhaul - probably seen the last of Morgan & Simpson?

2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

As first choice i would think so. Chilwell still learning as well. Also says something about those in front of the back four. I like Iborra a lot but don't think he or Silva are busting a gut like Ndidi to provide cover and track back. Just as big a problem is if we are very very lucky we will get one more season out of Mahrez. Vardy while having another fantastic season also probably only has one or two left at this level. Read somewhere that over the last three season we have scored 160+ prem goals but those two have got 90+ of them.

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

On this what formation do people want us to play next season. I would like us to go 3 at the back with Maguire, Dragovic and a new signing possibly Jonny Evans.

Wes Morgan has to be back up and unfortuntley Simpson doesnt fit in as a wing back what so ever and Fuchs would do a job but it isnt his best position

Shame we sold Jeff Schlupp as he fit this system really well

I wouldnt mind us going back for Kyle Naughton along with another right back and let Simpson go

But for this system to work we either need to keep Mahrez and add a genuine quality number 10 or sign 2 top class number 10’s

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I quite like the 4-4-1-1 we play

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

4411/4231

Schmeichel
    Pereira Maguire Dragovic (or other) Chilwell
    Ndidi Silva

Vardy/Iheanacho

It’s actually that 3 behind the striker I’m unsure on. Gray and Diabate will hopefully improve. If Mahrez goes we need at least one more for those positions. A winger or number 10 or both. It depends how many the club feel it is realistic to sign in one window. I’d say RB/CB a winger and number 10. I hope we revive interest in T Hazard