1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

End of season predictions

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Mantis, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I rate we'll finish top 4, ahead of Chelsea and United.

Win today and we go on to 69 points with United having a difficult fixture against Everton and a game against City in midweek.... Chelsea still have to play Leicester away which could be tough. I think we're starting to address our shaky away form with 2 wins and 2 clean sheets in our last 2 away. Whether we finish ahead of or behind Sp*rs I am not bothered. We need to make top 4 desperately and I think we will.

My final season prediction:

City
    Liverpool
    Sp*rs
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    United

What do you all think?

2. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

It could go to the wire.

I don't think United will get top 4, but I do think it will be close between us and Chelsea, in my opinion.

Our last two away results have been very good, but the Watford game was very poor and we were fortunate to win. We still have a lot to prove. However, I am hopeful the performance and result in Napoli will give us some confidence heading into the remaining away games.

If we can beat Brighton and Palace (which we should do), I think we only need one more away win to secure top 4. But Chelsea's games aren't that hard and they've started to pick up a bit of form.

Chelsea's remaining fixtures and my predictions.

Burnley (H) - W
    Man United (A) - D
    Watford (H) - W
    Leicester (A) - W

Total points tally: 76 points

Arsenal's remaining fixtures and my predictions:

Palace (H) - W
    Wolves (A) - L
    Leicester (A) - D
    Brighton (H) - W
    Burnley (A) - W

Total points tally: 76 points

If this came true, it would mean 4th spot would come to goal difference <yikes>

We also need to factor in the Europa, but it's hard to do because we will both need to field strong sides in the competition and who knows how that will impact the players for the remaining games. Depending on how each of us perform in the Europa, and where we are at in the league, we could see some weakened teams being fielded.

So yeah, it will be a very close run thing.

It is too tight and difficult to call right now.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Losing that game against Palace was a big blow. Basically we can't afford any more slip ups and we need to be looking at winning at least two of those last three away games as well as beating Brighton at home.

4. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I think we will beat Wolves (big call) and Burnley (they will be on the beach by then) away as well as beat Brighton at home. I think we will lose to Leicester.

I think Chelsea and United will draw, or United will win.

and I think United will not beat City.

Thus that would be enough to get 4th.

could theoretically also win the Europa League.

5. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

I also think we will beat Wolves (don't ask me how). We will draw with Leicester and possible drop points to either Burnley or Brighton. Not sure where that would leave us but its just a sneaky suspicion. Hope I am wrong.