1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Elmo

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFC_Derry, Nov 27, 2012.

1. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

From what I'm hearing the lad is playing well, could he not do a job for us? He's strong and good in the air and at the minute we couldn't do any worse.

2. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Probably playing well because he is not getting **** abuse off the fans..

3. sunderlandsupporter

sunderlandsupporter New Member

this shows how desperate we have become

4. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

I fear he's joined a long list of players who leave us yet manage to have successful careers elsewhere! I'm also sure there are more on there way to Joining this list!

5. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

The reports on SSN were saying he was ripping the oppos to bits and there was no one to benifit from his good work.

6. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

I rate him highly. Don't think he was given enough of a chance. Fail to see how McClean is any better and he gets a go most weeks.

Doubt Elmo will have a callback clause though as it's loan with a view to a permanent.

7. Mike Hull

Mike Hull Member

Elmo's form this season has been quality, he's turning full backs inside out and putting very dangerous balls into the box. He looks like he wants the ball all the time and seems to be playing with bags of confidence. To lose him now could be a disaster to our season, im sure with the confidence hes currently playing with he'd improve your team. Meyler played his first full game for us last night, first 15 looked abit shacky but grew into the game, should probably have scored early on but all in all had agood game. I know were talking about to different leagues but just thought id give u an insight into how there both doing, hope it helps.

8. BoazWMackem

BoazWMackem Member

Cheers mate... Out of interest, how many 30 yard free-kicks has the Egyptian Beckham curled into the top corner since he joined Hull? :)

9. Mike Hull

Mike Hull Member

Ha ha, he hasn't even taken a free kick i don't think, is he a terrible free kick taker or something or has he scored acouple of crackers for you??

10. Moorsleymountainman

Moorsleymountainman Active Member

Thought he as given more than enough chances. In fact was a regular and did, erm, erm.He was that good I just can't remember.

11. BoazWMackem

BoazWMackem Member

Nah but we waited a long time.... Did you know that was his name before he came to Sunderland? We were fed a constant storyline of how we were interested in signing the 'Egyptian Beckham' and eventually after about 2 months, in came Elmo lol.

We were expecting a set piece guru flashing in free-kicks off the crossbar and into the back of the net. The fecker didnt take 1 freekick and couldnt beat his first man whilst he was here lol :)

Whats your take on Brucie? Doing a job?

12. Mike Hull

Mike Hull Member

Ha ha, we had Amir Zaki here for abit, going by his personal webite we was getting an Eygptian Messi, instead some fat out of shape mess turned up (obviously Brown put him straight in the team)!!! Bruce is doing a really good job, fair enough were not top of the league but the football is really good to watch, were well organised and hes brough in some really good players. He got abit of stick for signing his son but most of these people are now eating humble pie as Alex Bruce is playing really well. The only real down side is his signing of Proschwitz who is struggling to make any impact at all and cost us £2.6mil. All in all very happy with him. Are any of your fans turning on O'Neill??

13. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

He was a regular when he first came, he was cracking. Not sure what went wrong.

14. BoazWMackem

BoazWMackem Member

Pleased to hear he's doing a job for you. He was a canny fella just SAFC wasn't the place he was meant to be. Yeah ofcourse they are turning and some have already 'turned'. Its pathetic to be honest... Fair enough we look shyte at the minute but there is a lot of work to do with this squad. Maybe MON didnt make the most of the summer and is now paying the price but all in all I dont really see many glowing alternatives who can be considered a longterm option for managing the club.

Many of the people who have turned against MON were hoping that Mark Hughes would come... say no more...

Good luck this season I hope Brucie take you to a play off final defeat ;)

15. Mike Hull

Mike Hull Member

Ha ha same to you lads (obviously not the play-off bit).

16. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Active Member

Please, don't recall Elmo, he has been dynamite this season! You can, however, have Meyler back if you need!

17. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Elmo is playing in a league and for a club he can be comfortable in.

He isn't a premiership standard footballer and never will be either.

18. BoazWMackem

BoazWMackem Member

They say talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity. I say the suggestion that Elmo can improve us if recalled trumps talking to yourself.